Tie-up with secular party for next Lok Sabha poll: KarunanidhiFebruary 3rd, 2012 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Feb 3 (IANS) The DMK party would align with a secular party having the nation’s interest in mind in the next Lok Sabha elections, party president M. Karunanidhi said Friday.
Speaking to reporters here after chairing the party’s general council meeting, Karunanidhi said: “The Lok Sabha elections are far away. The party will align with only secular parties having national interest.”
Denying any discussion on the changes in the party leadership structure at the meeting, Karunanidhi said the issue will be decided at the party elections.
Queried about his retirement plans, Karunanidhi said even his wives are in favour of him stepping down but he was not able to quit.
Strongly disagreeing with the comments of union Communications Minister Kapil Sibal on the procedure adopted for allotment of 2G spectrum, Karunanidhi said what former telecom minister A. Raja followed was the policy laid down in 2003.
On the party’s candidate for the ensuing by-election in the Sankarankoil seat, he said the party would announce its candidate once the election date is announced.
- Tie-up with secular party for next Lok Sabha poll: Karunanidhi (Lead) - Feb 04, 2012
- Kalam's name adds mischief to presidential poll: Karunanidhi - Jun 15, 2012
- Jayalalithaa regrets aligning with DMDK for assembly polls - Feb 01, 2012
- DMK does not expect more ministerial berths: Karunanidhi (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Tie-up with Congress stays but no new ministers: DMK (Fourth Lead) - Jul 25, 2011
- Tie-up with Congress stays but no new ministers: DMK (Third Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- AIADMK wins Sankarankoil by-poll (Second Lead) - Mar 21, 2012
- Jayalalithaa, DMDK trade barbs (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Vijayakant's DMDK in talks with AIADMK for poll tie-up - Feb 24, 2011
- DMK's general council meeting Feb 3 - Jan 09, 2012
- DMK calls meeting to discuss presidential polls - Jul 10, 2012
- DMK, Congress to hold seat sharing talks Sunday - Feb 19, 2011
- Tamil Nadu polls: DMDK open to electoral alliance - Jan 10, 2011
- Ties with Congress smooth: Karunanidhi - Jun 10, 2011
- Raja to continue in party and politics: Karunanidhi (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
Tags: allotment, chennai, dmk party, favour, kapil sibal, leadership structure, lok sabha elections, lok sabha poll, m karunanidhi, national interest, party elections, party leadership, party president, raja, retirement, secular parties, secular party, spectrum, telecom, union communications