Three Lok Sabha candidates booked for poll code violationMarch 27th, 2009 - 4:45 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 27 (IANS) Three Lok Sabha candidates - from the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP), the Samajwadi Party (SP) and the Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) - contesting from the Amroha constituency in Uttar Pradesh’s Jyotiba Phule Nagar district have been booked for violating the model code of conduct, the police said Friday.
“A case has been registered against Mehboob Ali (SP), Maulana Mehmood Madni (BSP) and Devendra Nagpal (RLD) for wall writing and pasting posters at various places, including government buildings, schools and colleges,” police inspector D.R. Gautam told IANS. The case was registered Thursday night.
A fine will also be imposed on the three candidates to recover the money that would be spent on removing the wall writing and posters from various places, Gautam added.
Sub-Divisional Magistrate Shishir Singh, who directed the police to register the case against the three at the Saidangali police station, said that notices imposing financial penalty have already been issued to the candidates.
Jyotiba Phule Nagar district is about 300 km from Lucknow.
- Three die after consuming illicit liquor - Apr 06, 2011
- khilesh reverts names of eight UP districts - Jul 23, 2012
- Notification issued for UP Rajya Sabha seats - Mar 12, 2012
- Protesters in UP torch vehicles, attack police - Jul 16, 2012
- 15 dead in Uttar Pradesh road mishap - Jun 25, 2012
- Police honour man for saving 600 lives on highway - Feb 20, 2011
- 60 percent turnout in incident-free 6th round of UP poll (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2012
- Congress's Muslim card, Ajit Singh's Jat clout on test in Tuesday's poll (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- High voter turnout in sixth phase too (Evening Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Steady, brisk polling in round 6 of UP polls (Second Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Brisk polling in round six of UP polls (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Brisk voting in UP by-election at Mant - Jun 12, 2012
- Prisoners 'escort' cops to police station - Sep 04, 2010
- Penultimate round of UP polls on Tuesday - Feb 27, 2012
- Trinamool wins first assembly seat in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 15, 2012
Tags: ali, bahujan samaj party, code of conduct, constituency, devendra, gautam, government buildings, jyotiba phule, Lok Sabha, magistrate, mehmood, model code, nagpal, police inspector, police station, poll code, Samajwadi Party, shishir, thursday night, uttar pradesh