Three arrested for creating ruckus outside Fiza’s houseJune 15th, 2009 - 11:42 am ICT by IANS
Mohali (Punjab), June 15 (IANS) Police here arrested three people in the early hours Monday for allegedly creating a ruckus outside the house of Anuradha Bali aka Fiza, the estranged wife of Chander Mohan alias Chand Mohammed.
“We have registered a case against four people out of which three were arrested. Police have also impounded a Bolero car with a Haryana registration number. We are still investigating and expect to make more arrests today (Monday),” Deepinder Singh, investigating officer of the case told IANS.
He added: “Around 70 to 80 people, who had come in cars, SUV’s and on motor-cycles gathered at Fiza’s house here at around 11 p.m. Seeing the sensitivity of the situation, the Mohali police had already stationed two guards outside the house but they were also thrashed badly by the mob.
“The police force reached the spot immediately once they got the information. The miscreants even fired at us and in reply police had to fire in the air in which a man of Hisar town, Haryana, was injured and later admitted to a hospital here,” said Singh.
Former deputy chief minister of Haryana Chander Mohan had arrived at Bali’s residence in Mohali, adjoining Chandigarh, Sunday and apologized to her. He was also inside the house when this incident happened.
On the possibility of involvement of any political party or Chander Mohan’s family in the incident, a senior Punjab police official told IANS: “It would be too early for us to reach any final conclusion. We are questioning those who have been arrested and will soon catch the real culprits.”
Chander Mohan and Bali secretly got married in November last year by converting to Islam. He was already married to Seema Bishnoi and had three children with her.
Both surfaced after their marriage in Uttar Pradesh’s Meerut city December last year. After a nearly 40-day stay together, Chander Mohan suddenly left her house and was later traced in London.
Adding drama to the controversial marriage, Chander Mohan divorced her on the phone and through SMS in February. He returned from London last week to announce that he would now return to politics, but said nothing about going back to Fiza.
He is a Congress legislator from the Kalka assembly constituency.
- Huge cash recovered from Fiza's house - Aug 09, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed found (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- More cash, jewellery comes out of Fiza's lockers - Sep 13, 2012
- Fiza cremated in Chandigarh - Aug 07, 2012
- Fiza arrested on neighbour's complaint, gets bail (Lead) - Oct 17, 2010
- Police detain Fiza over neighbour's complaint - Oct 17, 2010
- Fiza dies in mysterious circumstances (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- Chand denies his men attacked Fiza's house (Lead) - Jun 16, 2009
- Fiza approaches court for passport in new name - Jun 08, 2009
- Hooda's ministers not new to crime controversies (News Analysis) - Aug 06, 2012
- Chand does another volte-face, back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
- Fiza to move court against Chander Mohan - Sep 25, 2009
- Chand-Fiza soap opera: Chand Muhammad back with Fiza - Jun 14, 2009
- I will ruin Chand's life, says angry Fiza - Jun 05, 2009
Tags: alias, bali, bishnoi, chandigarh, converting to islam, culprits, deputy chief minister, fiza, meerut city, miscreants, mohali police, mohammed, mohan, motor cycles, police force, police official, punjab police, registration number, ruckus, uttar pradesh