Tharoor to stop writing newspaper columnsMay 25th, 2009 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) Former diplomat and first-time MP Shashi Tharoor Monday said that he has stopped writing columns in newspaper and periodicals as he wants to concentrate on the problems of his constituency.
“I have stopped all the columns,” Tharoor told reporters here. Tharoor added that he will soon start his own blog to pen down his thoughts.
Tharoor also revealed that his new book, co-authored with Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman Shahryar Khan, will be released in July.
The book “Shadows across the field” is on 60 years of India-Pakistan cricket, Tharoor said.
The former UN under secretary general said he was currently focussing only on the development of his constituency Thiruvananthapuram.
“It is a new experience. Investment climate is not favourable (in Kerala). We need hardware and software of development,” said Tharoor, who won the elections by a margin of 100,000 votes, said. Tharoor said he never thought that he would win with such a huge margin.
- Peace with Pakistan in our interest: Shashi Tharoor (Interview) - Jul 13, 2012
- Cuppa of cheer: Delhi warms up to World Cup fever - Mar 29, 2011
- Tharoor penning book on India's role in new world - Nov 17, 2011
- Politics is all about being in present: Tharoor - Jun 23, 2011
- It's official - Tharoor a divorcee - Aug 01, 2010
- 'PM was emotional when Tharoor offered to quit' - Apr 19, 2010
- Talking cricket in times of India-Pakistan freeze - Sep 25, 2009
- Tharoor files defamation suit against magazine - Nov 12, 2011
- Tharoor-Pushkar to wed before grandmother, visit Dubai, Spain - Aug 21, 2010
- Sunanda watches Tharoor speaking in parliament - Mar 15, 2011
- Tharoor, Pushkar to tie the knot at ancestral home in Kerala - Aug 21, 2010
- Congress stays away from Tharoor row - Apr 13, 2010
- One more shot at dynasty politics? (Capital Buzz) - Jul 25, 2010
- Shashi Tharoor expects Pakistan to raise Kashmir issue in UN Assembly - Oct 14, 2010
- Tharoor-Pushkar finally get married in Kerala (Lead) - Aug 22, 2010
Tags: blog, board chairman, book co, constituency, diplomat, india pakistan cricket, investment climate, kerala, mp, New Delhi, new experience, pakistan cricket board, periodicals, secretary general, shahryar khan, shashi tharoor, who won the elections