Thackeray asked to appear before Jamshedpur court by Dec 18December 1st, 2008 - 7:16 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Dec 1 (IANS) A Jamshedpur court Monday directed the Mumbai police to present Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray before it by Dec 18 for a case filed in February this year, a lawyer said Monday. “Judicial Magistrate A.K. Tewary Monday directed the Mumbai police to arrest Raj Thackeray and bring him (before it) by Dec 18,” Hamid Raza, a lawyer who filed a petition against Thackeray in Jamshedpur, told IANS.
“The bench expressed unhappiness at the Mumbai police for not arresting Thackeray,” Raza said.
On Nov 17 the court had sought a report from the Mumbai police.
Thackeray should have surrendered in the Jamshedpur court by Nov 30, Raza said.
Raza on Feb 2 this year filed a case against Thackeray.
“Thackeray has tried to hurt the religious sentiment of people and his statement (about Chhath Puja) had caused violence earlier,” Raza claimed.
The court issued an arrest warrant against Thackeray Sep 30 and directed him to appear before the court on or before Nov 17. The Jamshedpur court warrant reached Mumbai last month.
According to reports last week, Thackeray procured transit bail from a Mumbai court Nov 16.
- Delhi court issues summons against Raj Thackeray - Aug 30, 2012
- Jamshedpur court seeks clarification on Thackeray warrant - Nov 17, 2008
- Raj Thackeray's appeal deferred till Nov 14 - Oct 25, 2008
- Bihar court issues arrest warrant against Raj Thackeray - Oct 06, 2009
- Jharkhand High Court rejects Raj Thackeray's case transfer plea - Dec 22, 2008
- Bihar court issues non-bailable warrant against Raj Thackeray - Dec 03, 2009
- Two arrest warrants pending against Raj Thackeray in Jharkhand - Oct 21, 2008
- Jharkhand court rejects Raj Thackeray plea - Nov 19, 2008
- Court seeks report on plea against Raj Thackeray - Sep 13, 2012
- Raj Thackeray warns of riots over anti-Marathi remarks - Nov 03, 2011
- Stone-pelting cases: Raj Thackeray gets bail from Aurangabad court - Feb 09, 2011
- Jamshedpur court sends warrant for Raj Thackeray - Oct 20, 2008
- Defamation complaint against Rahul Gandhi - Nov 15, 2011
- Mumbai police issues gag order against Raj Thackeray - Oct 21, 2008
- On Raj Thackerays arrest, Maharasthtra CM says nobody is above law - Oct 21, 2008