Telangana employees reject invitation for talksAugust 11th, 2011 - 6:27 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Aug 11 (IANS) Government employees in Telangana Thursday rejected the Andhra Pradesh government’s invitation for talks over their proposed indefinite strike from Aug 17 to demand creation of separate state and resolution of service-related issues.
The Joint Action Committee (JAC) of Telangana employees, teachers and gazetted officers took the decision at its meeting to discuss the invitation by the cabinet sub-committee.
JAC leaders said that since the government had not accepted their preconditions, they would not hold any talks with the cabinet sub-committee.
The JAC wants the government to withdraw orders invoking the Essential Services Maintenance Act (ESMA) in various departments and also call back para-military and police forces deployed in government offices.
The committee’s leaders said the government was trying to intimidate them in the name of talks and hence they would not participate.
They had boycotted a meeting last week with the five-member cabinet sub-committee. The JAC comprises several unions of employees.
Meanwhile, the political JAC which is spearheading the Telangana movement has clarified that the strike would not be postponed.
JAC spokesman denied reports that the employees were planning to defer the protest to next month in view of Ramzan festivities and the coming Ganesh Chaturthi.
- Telangana employees boycott talks over proposed strike - Aug 05, 2011
- Talks between government, Telangana employees fail - Oct 12, 2011
- Telangana employees launch protest for separate state - Aug 09, 2011
- Telangana employees gearing up for indefinite strike - Aug 07, 2011
- Telangana employees' strike continues, talks fail - Oct 15, 2011
- Telangana employees determined to strike - Jul 21, 2011
- Telangana remains paralysed for second day - Sep 14, 2011
- General strike continues in Telangana for separate state - Sep 15, 2011
- Government staff strike in Telangana from Sep 13 - Sep 03, 2011
- 'People's strike' brings Telangana to a halt - Sep 13, 2011
- Andhra backtracks on 'no work, no pay' order - Apr 16, 2011
- JAC calls for Telangana shutdown Friday - Jul 21, 2011
- Telangana strike on, power cut in Hyderabad - Sep 21, 2011
- Telangana strike completes a month, buses off roads - Oct 12, 2011
- JAC to intensify Telangana movement - Aug 17, 2011
Tags: action committee, andhra pradesh government, esma, essential services, festivities, ganesh chaturthi, gazetted, government employees, government offices, indefinite strike, invitation, jac, maintenance act, member cabinet, police forces, preconditions, services maintenance, spokesman, telangana movement, unions