Ted Kennedy Received Death Threats In His LifetimeJune 15th, 2010 - 6:55 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
June 15, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Secret FBI records that have been released in recent times suggest that Ted Kennedy the late Us Senator got death threats several times during his political career.
The release of the closely guarded FBI documents was awaited by a section of scholars and historians who are interested in his political career and life.
The files reveal that he received threats for his life when he ran for the Presidential elections in 1980 and also after his older brothers were assassinated. President John F. Kennedy was killed in 1963 in Dallas while Robert F. Kennedy, a senator was slain in the year 1968 in Los Angeles. The murders of his two brothers led many to believe that Ted Kennedy could also become the target of the assassins.
Ted Kennedy got easily affected by small incidents post the murder of his brothers. He served in the Senate for almost half a century and passed away last year after battling brain cancer. He was 77 years old when he died.
The FBI released over 2200 pages about the politician from its archives and the documents also reveal that he was subjected to extortion schemes. The politician continued the political legacy of his siblings.
The threats given to him were of both non political and political types as the FBI documents reveal. Radical groups like the infamous Ku Klux Klan and National Socialist White People’s Party issued threats to him. Some other FBI documents suggest that the family fought to silence rumors that claimed they had touch with the communists.
These revelations will throw light on the unknown aspects of his life as well.
- FBI Files Divulge Death Threats On Ted Kennedy - Jun 15, 2010
- Ted Kennedy faced several deaths threat after brothers' assassinations: FBI - Jun 15, 2010
- FBI files show that Ted Kennedy received threats - Jun 15, 2010
- DiCaprio, father making film on Kennedy assassination - Nov 20, 2010
- Robert Kennedy's assassin denied parole for 13th time - Mar 03, 2011
- Australia PM lauds 'great American' - Aug 27, 2009
- DiCaprio to make film on John F. Kennedy - Nov 20, 2010
- Cult member vandalises Facebook tribute pages - Nov 12, 2010
- Ted Kennedy had sex parties with brothers, Marilyn Monroe: FBI - Jun 15, 2010
- List of suspects behind John F. Kennedy's assasination up for grabs - Dec 13, 2010
- Olga Segura, Hector Jimenez shine in `White Knight' - Aug 17, 2011
- James Ford Seale dies - Aug 04, 2011
- Longest serving US Senator Byrd dies at 92 - Jun 29, 2010
- Racism in Australia gets similar to United States' Deep South: Johnny Lee Clary - Mar 15, 2011
- Ted Kennedy's FBI File Released: JFK, Marilyn, and Teddy Sex Parties? - Jun 15, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,