Team Anna will realise responsibilities, compulsions: SoniAugust 2nd, 2012 - 7:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 2 (IANS) Welcoming Team Anna members’ decision to end their fast, Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni Thursday said their move to form a political alternative would make them realise the responsibilities and compulsions of being in politics.
Talking to reporters here, Soni said people associated with Anna Hazare always seemed to be inspired by politics as they had been making comments about members of parliament and criticising them.
She said the Congress had always held that Team Anna was goaded by politics and it is a good thing that they have come out in the open with their intention.
“I have come to know through TV (that they will seek people’s opinion for political alternative). They will realise what are compulsions, what are responsibilities. Particularly working with honesty is not easy,” Soni said.
She said only Team Anna knows what was the purpose of its fast being held at Jantar Mantar.
“I am glad they agreed to call off fast…they can’t hold government to ransom. Government has some obligations,” Soni said.
Referring to their demand for a strong Lokpal bill, Soni said the government has already got the legislation passed in the Lok Sabha and it was now with the select committee of the Rajya Sabha.
“The bill is not with government. It is property of parliament,” she said.
Anna Hazare and his team members Thursday announced they were calling off their indefinite fast against corruption at 5 p.m. Friday and said they would seek a referendum on forming a “political alternative”.
- Team Anna calls off fast, to form 'political alternative' (Roundup) - Aug 02, 2012
- Team Anna to call off fast Friday, proposes 'political alternative' - Aug 02, 2012
- Anna disbands Team Anna, leaders perplexed (Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- People need political alternative: Anna - Aug 05, 2012
- Anna disbands Team Anna, colleagues perplexed (Intro Roundup) - Aug 06, 2012
- Hazare, team end fast; promise people's movement as political alternative (Roundup) - Aug 03, 2012
- Government trying to break Team Anna, says Hazare (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Congress terms Anna's fast premature, insult to parliament - Dec 11, 2011
- Anyone can float a political party: BJP - Aug 02, 2012
- Bring Lokpal or go, Anna tells UPA (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Team Anna has hidden agenda, says Narayanasamy - Jul 27, 2012
- Never closed doors for talks with Team Anna: Congress (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Team Anna supporters gather in Jantar Mantar - Jul 25, 2012
- Team Anna ends fast, spells out political alternative (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- UPA, BJP in war of words over Lokpal 'debate' (Lead) - Dec 12, 2011
Tags: ambika soni, anna hazare, aug 2, compulsions, congress, corruption, honesty, intention, legislation, Lok Sabha, mantar, members of parliament, New Delhi, parliament, rajya sabha, ransom, referendum, select committee, team members