Team Anna to decided Delhi protest venue SaturdayDecember 23rd, 2011 - 10:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 23 (IANS) Team Anna will Saturday finalise the venue of their protest in the national capital, a spokesperson said Friday as Anna Hazare announced that members of his group would be holding parallel agitations in Mumbai and New Delhi from Dec 27.
The venue could be Jantar Mantar or Ramlila Maidan, the spokesperson said.
However, Team Anna is yet to get a No Objection Certificate from police for holding their protest in Ramlila Maidan.
“We have been verbally assured by Delhi Police that we can hold an agitation at Ramlila Maidan from Dec 27 for five days, but are yet to get the No Objection Certificate (NOC),” a Team Anna spokesperson told IANS.
The spokesperson said they are hopeful of getting the NOC by Saturday.
Hazare and his team are holding a fast in Mumbai’s MMRDA grounds from Dec 27.
Speaking in Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra, Hazare said that key Team Anna members Arvind Kejriwal and Kiran Bedi would be staying alongside with him in Mumbai, while another group will go on hunger strike in New Delhi.
- No permission yet to Team Anna : MCD - Nov 29, 2011
- After court tick-off, Team Anna gets Mumbai ground for agitation (Roundup) - Dec 23, 2011
- Police seek details from Team Anna on Ramlila stir - Dec 10, 2011
- Hazare likely to fast at Ramlila ground - Aug 06, 2011
- Team Anna moves court against steep ground charges - Dec 22, 2011
- Anna set for fast, politicians hit back (Evening Lead) - Dec 26, 2011
- Hazare to protest at Jantar Mantar Dec 11 - Nov 29, 2011
- Parallel agitations in Mumbai, Delhi: Hazare - Dec 23, 2011
- Team Anna to move court against ground charges - Dec 21, 2011
- Anna Hazare flays team for moving court - Dec 23, 2011
- Delhi not an option for agitation: Kiran Bedi - Dec 23, 2011
- Hazare's village observes day-long shut down - Dec 11, 2011
- Ralegan-Siddhi villagers back Hazare - Jul 29, 2012
- Hazare fit to fast: Doctor - Dec 26, 2011
- Not launching political party: Anna Hazare (Interview) - Jul 27, 2012