Team Anna shifts protest venue to RajghatJune 7th, 2011 - 3:58 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 7 (IANS) Civil society members led by Anna Hazare have decided to shift the venue of their day-long protest Wednesday from Jantar Mantar to Rajghat to avoid “confrontation” with police, activist Arvind Kejriwal said Tuesday.
“We are shifting to Rajghat. We have spoken to the commissioner of police and will fast in the vicinity of Rajghat tomorrow from 10 a.m. till about 6 p.m. We will fast and pray the whole day,” Kejriwal told reporters.
“There will also be a debate on the Lokpal bill at 5 p.m.,” he added. Both Kejriwal and Hazare are part of the anti-graft Lokpal bill panel.
While Baba Ramdev had held his protest at Ramlila ground, Hazare and other activists had announced a fast at the Jantar Mantar soon after the yoga guru’s eviction from Delhi.
Police Sunday imposed prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) in areas that include the Jantar Mantar and Ramlila ground.
- Team Anna to fast at Rajghat, slams government (Third Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- Prohibitory orders put question mark on Hazare's fast - Jun 05, 2011
- Police mum on Hazare request for fast - Aug 01, 2011
- Hazare attacks Chidambaram - Dec 11, 2011
- Anna, team to boycott Lokpal Bill meeting; fast June 8 (Lead) - Jun 05, 2011
- Anna threatens another fast in August - Jun 08, 2011
- Ramdev, Hazare to fast against corruption (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Rift mars Anna-Ramdev joint fast against corruption (Third Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Anna gets Ramdev backing, Congress and BJP at war (Roundup) - Jun 07, 2011
- Team Anna denied permission to protest at Jantar Mantar - Aug 02, 2011
- Tight security planned for Hazare's fast Sunday - Dec 10, 2011
- No police permission yet, but Hazare's fast on (Second Lead) - Jun 07, 2011
- Crowds swell as Ramdev comes to Team Anna's fast site (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Hazare team to boycott Lokpal Bill meeting, to fast June 8 (Second Lead) - Jun 05, 2011
- Government, team Anna headed for showdown (Second Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
Tags: activist, activists, anna hazare, anti graft, arvind kejriwal, commissioner of police, confrontation with police, criminal procedure code, crpc, delhi police, eviction, jantar mantar, New Delhi, ramdev, society members, vicinity, yoga guru