Team Anna seek to meet three women chief ministersJuly 2nd, 2011 - 6:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 2 (IANS) In a bid to canvass support for a stringent Lokpal bill, social activist Anna Hazare and other civil society representatives have sought appointments from the chief ministers of West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh and Tamil Nadu, an NGO said Saturday.
“The members of the civil society have today sought time from (Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister) Mayawati for a discussion on the Jan Lokpal Bill,” Aswathi Muralidharan, member of the non-governmental organisation (NGO) Parivartan, which is seeking support for the Lokpal bill, told IANS.
The civil society members are also trying to get appointments from West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa, she said.
The civil society representatives on the Lokpal bill’s joint drafting panel met Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Thursday (June 30) and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders Friday.
They have also met leaders from Left parties and the Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD).
“We have an appointment to meet (Congress chief) Sonia Gandhi Saturday evening,” she added.
Meanwhile, Arvind Kejirwal, one of the civil society representatives, Saturday morning met Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief N. Chandrababu Naidu and sought support for the inclusion of the prime minister under the ambit of the Lokpal bill.
- Team Anna to meet Sonia Gandhi July 2 - Jul 01, 2011
- Team Anna to meet Sonia Gandhi July 2 (Lead) - Jul 01, 2011
- No time yet for Hazare's meeting with Sonia - Jun 30, 2011
- Decision on Hazare's fast venue in two days: Delhi Police - Aug 08, 2011
- Hazare takes a dig at PM, Sibal (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Hazare likely to fast at Ramlila ground - Aug 06, 2011
- Draft Lokpal bill disappoints, parties cagey - Jan 31, 2011
- Team Anna seeks TDP's support for Lokpal bill - Jul 02, 2011
- UPA leaders discuss Lokpal bill drafts - Jun 21, 2011
- BJP assured us of a strong Lokpal: Anna - Jul 01, 2011
- Punjab's turn as Team Anna campaigns in poll states - Jan 24, 2012
- Ahead of June 30 deadline, uncertainty continues over Lokpal bill - Jun 25, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi not to meet Anna Hazare Thursday (Lead) - Jun 30, 2011
- NDA leaders meet on Lokpal bill - Jul 02, 2011
- All-party meet on Lokpal bill Sunday (Lead) - Jul 03, 2011
Tags: ambit, anna hazare, arvind, chief minister, chief ministers, congress chief, governmental organisation, j jayalalithaa, left parties, mamata banerjee, Mayawati, parivartan, social activist, society members, society representatives, sonia gandhi, tamil nadu, three women, uttar pradesh, west bengal