Team Anna reiterates demand for probe against PranabJune 22nd, 2012 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 22 (IANS) Team Anna Friday reiterated its demand for an investigation into alleged graft charges against United Progressive Alliance (UPA) presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee, saying a person facing so many serious charges would bring disrepute to the top post.
In a five-page letter to Mukherjee, Team Anna said: “A person aspiring to be the President of India should be above board. You would agree that a person facing so many serious charges would bring disrepute to the position of president if he were not absolved of all these charges before being appointed on that post. Therefore, we demand independent investigations into all these charges before you are considered for this position,” said the letter signed by seven Team Anna members.
The letter comes after Mukherjee slammed Team Anna for the “unfair” and “motivated” graft allegations against him.
He had termed the allegations “false, self-seeking, malafide and made with ulterior motive and lacking any form of responsibility”.
- Congress rejects Sangma appeal for debate with Mukherjee (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Pranab slams Team Anna, says allegations 'unfair' - Jun 18, 2012
- Team Anna's allegations unfair, motivated: Pranab (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Anna to go on fast from July 29 on corruption (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Consider plea for CBI probe against Team Anna: Court (Second Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Ramdev draws crowds to Team Anna stir, dissents on attacking president (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Krishna to write to PM on Team Anna charges - May 31, 2012
- Team Anna hits out at PMO's rejection of allegations (Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Have deepest regard for PM: Team Anna (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Tendulkar's nomination Congress' dirtiest trick: Thackeray - Apr 29, 2012
- Court seeks police report on action against Prashant Bhushan - Jun 08, 2012
- PMO rejects Team Anna's 'loose' allegations against Manmohan - Jun 09, 2012
- PMO rejects allegations against Manmohan, Team Anna cries foul (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Nehru memorial library gets clean chit, director feels 'vindicated' - Sep 22, 2010
- Team Anna launches fast, targets Pranab, PM (Roundup) - Jul 25, 2012