Teachers accused of misconduct to be kept away: ParrikarJuly 25th, 2012 - 4:06 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, July 25 (IANS) Any school teacher who is accused of molestation or sexual misconduct will be kept away from teaching chores until the case is probed, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told the Goa legislative assembly Wednesday.
Parrikar was speaking after Leader of Opposition Pratapsing Rane during zero hour raised the issue of attempted suicide by a 17-year-old girl Tuesday.
The girl was molested by an arts teacher in January this year. The attempted suicide came within two weeks of art teacher Kanhaiya Naik’s release on bail granted by the Panaji bench of the Bombay High Court.
“One thing I assure that the teacher will be kept out of teaching if the charge is considered prima facie true. We will also have counselling. But the parents should also be alert. This is a case which came out, there might be cases which do not come out,” Parrikar said.
The victim has presently been admitted with 86 percent burns to the Goa Medical College and her condition is being described as critical by medical authorities.
- Goa girl attempts suicide after molester gets bail - Jul 24, 2012
- Will sue BJP leaders over mining charge: Goa minister - Oct 10, 2011
- Congress MLA walked away with draft PAC report on mining: BJP - Oct 04, 2011
- BJP to release own report on Goa's illegal mining - Oct 08, 2011
- Parrikar assures crackdown on illegal mining in Goa - Mar 26, 2012
- Goa's land scam haunts two Congress ex-chief ministers - Dec 06, 2011
- After ousting Congress, BJP has to deliver on promises (Goa Newsletter) - Mar 24, 2012
- FIR against Kamat, Rane within 15 days: Parrikar - Sep 08, 2012
- Speaker drops Parrikar from public accounts committee - Oct 07, 2011
- Goa speaker biased: Parrikar - Oct 08, 2011
- Police helped Israeli drug dealer escape: Goa opposition - Mar 31, 2011
- 14 Goa policemen found guilty of assaulting minister - Apr 27, 2010
- Goa assembly to probe ex-minister's son's role in drugs case - Aug 03, 2012
- Goa mining scam: PAC report blames nexus, takes no names (Roundup) - Oct 05, 2011
- Parrikar given clean chit in IFFI scam case - Feb 24, 2011
Tags: art teacher, arts teacher, attempted suicide, bench, bombay high court, chief minister, chores, counselling, goa medical, leader of opposition, legislative assembly, manohar parrikar, medical authorities, medical college, old girl, panaji, rane, school teacher, sexual misconduct, zero hour