TDP suspends MP following meeting with JaganMay 25th, 2012 - 12:40 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 25 (IANS) The Telugu Desam Party (TDP) Friday suspended its politburo member and former MP M.V. Mysoora Reddy from the party for indiscipline.
TDP chief N. Chandrababu Naidu suspended Mysoora Reddy soon after the latter met YSR Congress Party leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy.
Mysoora, who is also the former home minister, drove to Jagan’s residence and met him an hour before he appeared before the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in the corruption cases against him.
Mysoora, who contested against Jagan and lost in the 2011 by-election to Kadapa Lok Sabha seat, has been sulking ever since the party did not re-nominate him for Rajya Sabha in March this year.
Interestingly, Mysoora had quit the Congress party and joined the TDP before 2004 elections due to differences with Jagan’s father Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy.
Reacting to his suspension from TDP, Mysoora told reporters that he had already quit the party and hence the suspension held no meaning.
The former legislator alleged that the Congress, TDP and Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had colluded to implicate Jagan in false cases.
“Unable to fight Jagan politically, they have joined hands to implicate him. I have come out to raise my voice against this injustice,” Mysoora said.
“I know Jagan since his childhood. He has people’s support and I am ready to help YSR Congress party in whatever way I can,” he added.
- TDP suspends ex-MP for meeting Jagan (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Nominations of main candidates in Kadapa in order - Apr 19, 2011
- Jagan writes to PM on 'conspiracy' against him - May 23, 2012
- Jagan challenges Congress to go for bypolls to 17 seats - Dec 06, 2011
- Jagan's meteoric rise in wealth and popularity (Profile) - May 27, 2012
- YSR's son, widow win by-elections by record margins (Third Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Banking on YSR legacy, Jagan emerges a key force (Andhra Pradesh Newsletter) - Jun 16, 2012
- Jagan's second phase CBI custody ends - Jun 10, 2012
- Newly-elected legislators call on Jagan in jail - Jun 16, 2012
- Congress in dilemma over YSR legacy (Andhra Newsletter) - Apr 13, 2012
- Jagan accuses Congress of political vendetta - Aug 10, 2011
- YSR's son retains Kadapa with record majority - May 13, 2011
- Campaigning ends for Kadapa by-elections - May 06, 2011
- Jagan arrested in assets case - May 27, 2012
- Andhra legislators loyal to Jagan add to Congress woes - May 25, 2012
Tags: 2004 elections, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chandrababu, congress party, corruption cases, home minister, hyderabad, indiscipline, injustice, jagan, legislator, Lok Sabha, mp, party leader, politburo member, rajya sabha, tdp, telugu desam party, ysr