TDP leader dares TRS chief to die for TelanganaDecember 24th, 2011 - 5:41 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Dec 24 (IANS) Amid high drama, police here Saturday arrested a Telugu Desam Party (TDP) legislator who wanted to hang himself for separate Telangana state, provided Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) chief K. Chandrasekhara Rao also joined him.
M. Narasimhulu, another party leader E. Dayakar Rao and their supporters were arrested at Telangana martyrs’ memorial at Gun Park in front of the state assembly.
Earlier, holding a long rope in his hands, Narasimhulu declared that he would wait for Chandrasekhara Rao at Gun Park till noon.
Accusing TRS chief of betraying the cause of Telangana and blaming him for the suicide of 700 people, the TRS legislator dared him to hang himself. He alleged that KCR, as the TRS chief is popularly known, entered into a secret deal with the Congress party to end the mass strike in Telangana.
As some youth leaders of TRS also left the party office for Gun Park, stating that they were ready to hang themselves, there was apprehension of a clash between the two groups. Police swung into action to arrest the TDP legislators.
Police also arrested TRS leaders and activists who reached Gun Park to stage a protest against Narasimhulu.
TRS leader Harish Rao told reporters that if anyone should be hanged for betraying Telangana, it is TDP chief N. Chandrababu Naidu. The legislator alleged that Naidu, who had promised separate state in 2009 elections, went back on his word after the centre announced its decision to initiate the process for formation of Telangana state.
The war of words between the two parties is likely to intensify further in view of the coming by-elections for six assembly seats in the region. The seats fell vacant after the resignations of TDP and Congress rebels.
In an attempt to regain lost ground in the region, Naidu recently conducted a ‘padyatra’ in Telangana for farmers. TDP claimed that his walkathon was successful despite the threats from TRS to disrupt it.
- TRS, TDP leaders arrested in Hyderabad - Dec 28, 2011
- KCR threatens defamation case against TDP leaders - Oct 28, 2011
- Andhra assembly session kicks off on stormy note - Dec 01, 2011
- Naidu's 'day dreaming' remark evokes protests in Telangana - Sep 24, 2010
- TDP Telangana leaders to protest outside Sonia's house - Sep 27, 2010
- Jagan begins Telangana visit amid sporadic protests - Jan 10, 2012
- TRS activists attack convoy of TDP leaders - May 25, 2011
- Telangana issue rocks Andhra assembly again, 12 members suspended (Lead) - Feb 23, 2011
- Nothing less than Telangana acceptable, say TRS, TDP (Lead) - Jan 06, 2011
- TRS to move no-confidence motion in Andhra assembly - Feb 11, 2011
- Chandrababu Naidu visits Warangal despite shutdown, protests (Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Kiran Reddy seeks time from Telangana employees - Mar 05, 2012
- TRS slams Chidambaram's statement on Telangana - Aug 06, 2011
- Telangana supporter throws sandal at Chandrababu Naidu - Dec 15, 2011
- TRS in crisis with cross-voting, suspensions - Mar 20, 2011
Tags: assembly seats, chandrababu naidu, congress party, congress rebels, dayakar rao, gun park, harish, high drama, kcr, legislator, mass strike, party leader, resignations, state assembly, tdp leader, telugu desam party, trs, walkathon, war of words, youth leaders