TDP demands assembly session to discuss people’s problemsAugust 31st, 2012 - 8:22 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Aug 31 (IANS) Andhra Pradesh’s opposition Telugu Desam Party (TDP) Friday urged the governor to convene a special session of the state assembly to discuss the unprecedented power crisis and the problems faced by people, especially farmers.
A delegation of TDP leaders called on Governor E. S. L. Narasimhan at Raj Bhavan and submitted a memorandum.
Senior TDP leader Ashok Gajapati Raju told reporters that state assembly should be convened immediately to discuss people’s problems. “The government should find a solution to the problem and implement the same,” he said.
Another TDP leader E. Dayakar Rao said farmers were being supplied electricity for daily two to three hours, though the government claims that daily seven-hour supply is being maintained.
Earlier, the TDP expressed unhappiness over not getting an appointment with the governor, though it sought time well in advance.
The opposition party accused Congress government of failure on all fronts.
Party legislator M. Narasimhulu said farmers were losing their crops because of lack of electricity, students were unhappy over the government’s failure to pay their fee, children in government-run hospitals were dying due to lack of proper medical facilities while ministers facing corruption charges were either in jail or were running around the courts.
- TDP legislators continue protest over power shortage - Aug 28, 2012
- Andhra opposition disrupts governor's address - Feb 13, 2012
- Andhra government not reduced to minority, says governor - Oct 31, 2011
- Andhra governor prorogues legislature - Jun 07, 2011
- TDP leader dares TRS chief to die for Telangana - Dec 24, 2011
- TRS activists attack convoy of TDP leaders - May 25, 2011
- Security tightened for YSR Congress' Andhra shutdown Friday - Aug 30, 2012
- Kiran Reddy seeks time from Telangana employees - Mar 05, 2012
- TDP to move no-trust motion in Andhra assembly - Nov 30, 2011
- Andhra assembly adjourns, TDP fumes as trust move is ignored - Jun 04, 2011
- Telangana legislators heckle governor, chaos in Andhra assembly (Lead) - Feb 17, 2011
- TDP leaders held during march as Naidu continues fast (Lead) - Dec 24, 2010
- Naidu breaks fast following appeal by allies (Night Lead) - Dec 24, 2010
- Congress leader begins indefinite fast for Telangana - Nov 01, 2011
- Naidu continues fast in hospital - Dec 21, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,