Tatas file amendment to plea in Singur land caseJuly 4th, 2011 - 10:44 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 4 (IANS) Tata Motors Monday filed an amendment to its petition before the Calcutta High Court submitted in the Singur land case June 22, a company spokesperson said.
“We have filed an amendment today to amend our petition, filed on June 22, which was done in great hurry as we were dispossessed (of land) on the night of June 21. The amendment places on record facts and developments which could not be incorporated in the petition that night. This had led to technical objections, which have now been taken care of,” the spokesperson said.
“The amendment has been filed in time such that the state can reply to it by July 7, which is the time given to the state by the Calcutta High Court,” the spokesperson added.
The Singur Land Rehabilitation and Development Act was passed by the West Bengal assembly June 14, scrapping the land lease given to Tata Motors by the previous Left Front government for the small car plant in Singur area of Hooghly district.
The act came into force June 21 and the very next day, Tata Motors moved the Calcutta High Court challenging the legislation. But the high court refused the company’s plea to restrain the state government from re-distributing the land that was acquired for the Nano car plant.
The automaker June 28 approached the Supreme Court against the “undue haste” being shown by the government in returning the land after it was denied interim relief by the Calcutta High Court.
The Supreme Court June 29 stayed the re-distribution of land acquired from farmers for the auto giant’s project till the final order on the matter by the Calcutta High Court.
The Supreme Court also said it will not interfere in the decision, and directed the high court to rule within a month due to the urgency of the case.
- Tata Motors get time till Saturday for changing plea - Jul 14, 2011
- Bengal agreeable to court's proposal on Singur compensation - Sep 15, 2011
- Judge withdraws from Singur land case (Lead) - Jul 26, 2011
- Singur case: State, Tata directed to file affidavits - Jun 30, 2011
- Judge withdraws from Singur land case - Jul 26, 2011
- Supreme Court halts return of Singur land (Lead) - Jun 29, 2011
- Tata moves Supreme Court on Singur land - Jun 28, 2011
- Singur farmers file applications for return of land - Jul 23, 2011
- Tata Motors to move Supreme Court on Singur land - Jun 28, 2011
- Land identified for handing over to 12 Singur farmers - Jun 28, 2011
- Court extends stay on Singur land return - Nov 03, 2011
- Singur land act held valid, Singur farmers celebrate - Sep 29, 2011
- In Singur, farmers line up for land - finally - Jul 08, 2011
- West Bengal moves apex court on Singur land law - Aug 07, 2012
- Court rejects Tata's plea on Singur land - Jun 27, 2011
Tags: automaker, calcutta high court, car plant, company spokesperson, development act, interim relief, june 14, june 21, june 29, land lease, land rehabilitation, objections, petition, plea, small car, state government, tata motors, undue haste, urgency, west bengal