Tata, Radia likely to appear before PAC MondayApril 4th, 2011 - 12:16 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) Tata group chairman Ratan Tata and corporate lobbyist Niira Radia are expected to appear before parliament’s Public Accounts Committee (PAC) Monday to answer queries on the alleged irregularities in the allocation of 2G spectrum, an official source said Sunday.
The panel, headed by senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader Murli Manohar Joshi, may quiz Radia on her tapped conversations with politicians, corporates, bureaucrats and journalists and alleged attempts to influence allocation of portfolios in the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government.
According to the official sources, Tata group chairman Ratan Tata is also expected to appear before the PAC Monday.
The committee is expected to record his evidence on the developments in the telecom sector, including allocation of the 2G spectrum.
A Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC), chaired by Congress leader P.C. Chacko, is also looking into irregularities in implementation of government policies from 1998 to 2009 in the allocation and pricing of telecom licences and spectrum.
Chacko and Joshi have met Speaker Meira Kumar to put forth their case on the controversy over the jurisdiction of the two committees.
- 2G scam: Ratan Tata, Radia to appear before PAC - Apr 04, 2011
- 2G scam: Niira Radia appears before PAC - Apr 04, 2011
- 2G scam: Tata, Radia appear before PAC - Apr 04, 2011
- Parliamentary panel summons Radia, Tata on 2G - Mar 29, 2011
- 2G scam: Radia evasive, Tata candid, says Joshi - Apr 04, 2011
- PAC calls Nair, Chandrasekhar for 2G probe questioning - Apr 07, 2011
- 'Candid' Tata, 'evasive' Radia appear before PAC in 2G probe (Roundup) - Apr 04, 2011
- 2G Scam: PAC unlikely to summit report - Apr 21, 2011
- Public Accounts Committee questions more people in 2G probe - Apr 05, 2011
- 2G scam: Ratan Tata appears before PAC - Apr 04, 2011
- 2G scam: Tata 'candid', Radia 'evasive' before PAC (Lead) - Apr 04, 2011
- Tewari's 'rein him in' remark irks Joshi - Apr 05, 2011
- JPC/PAC: Rein in Joshi, Congress tells BJP - Apr 04, 2011
- Public Accounts Committee quizzes Ambani (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Public Accounts Committee quizzes telecom honchos on 2G matter (Roundup) - Apr 05, 2011
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bureaucrats, chacko, chairman ratan tata, congress leader, corporate lobbyist, corporates, government policies, group chairman, irregularities, manohar joshi, meira kumar, New Delhi, pac, parliamentary committee, party leader, progressive alliance, public accounts committee, tata group, telecom sector