Tammil Nadu postpones fiscal responsibility by two yearsJanuary 12th, 2010 - 2:37 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Jan 12 (IANS) The Tamil Nadu government has postponed the target date for eliminating revenue deficit and capping the fiscal deficit at three percent of the gross state domestic product (GSDP) to fiscal 2010-11 from 2008-09.
The Tamil Nadu Fiscal Responsibility Act 2003 has been amended for the purpose.
The government cited the global economic recession and the resultant fall in tax revenues, as well as implementation of Sixth Pay Commission recommendations as the causes for the revenue deficit in 2009-10.
The state assembly Monday also passed the Rs.4,078.62 crore first supplementary estimates for FY 2009-10.
According to Finance Minister K. Anbazhagan, Rs.1,200 crore is required for providing rice at Re.1 per kg and selling other essential food items at subsidised rates through ration shops.
He said the food subsidy alone would amount around Rs.4,000 crore for the current fiscal.
The other expenditure heads for which the supplementary estimates were presented included premium payment for the Kalaignar Health Insurance Scheme, procurement of colour television sets for free distribution, loan to Tamil Nadu Civil Supplies Corporation for procurement of paddy, interest free advances to state transport corporations, strengthening of roads in towns and improvement of infrastructure in Sri Lankan refugee camps.
- Tamil Nadu assembly adjourned sine die - Feb 10, 2011
- Revenue surplus interim budget for Tamil Nadu - Feb 05, 2011
- No new tax in Tamil Nadu deficit budget for 2010-11 - Mar 19, 2010
- Tamil Nadu expects 10 percent growth in 2010-11 - Feb 05, 2011
- No new taxes in Haryana budget - Mar 09, 2011
- Yeddyurappa presents surplus budget, levies fresh taxes - Feb 24, 2011
- Tamil Nadu seeks over Rs.180,000 crore for free laptops, other schemes - Jun 14, 2011
- Food corporation's subsidy rose to 35 percent in 2010-11: Thomas - Aug 23, 2011
- AIADMK government to present its first budget Thursday - Aug 04, 2011
- Ensure poor benefit from welfare schemes: Karunanidhi - Aug 27, 2010
- Tamil Nadu provides for free cattle, laptops in budget - Aug 04, 2011
- Survey projects Karnataka's growth at 8.2 percent - Feb 23, 2011
- Karnataka economy to dip to 6.4 percent - Mar 21, 2012
- Liquor sales in Kerala reach 'dizzy heights' - Apr 16, 2011
- Rosiah's 15th budget proposes no new taxes in Andhra Pradesh - Feb 20, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,