Tamil Nadu ex-minister, kin raided for graftMay 17th, 2012 - 6:01 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, May 17 (IANS) The houses of former Tamil Nadu minister Veerapandi S. Arumugam, his relatives and his two personal assistants were Thursday raided by officials of the anti-corruption wing, the probe agency said.
DMK leader and former agriculture minister Arumugam’s house in Salem, around 330 km from here, was raided by vigilance officials who charged him with accumulating assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
In a statement issued here, the directorate of vigilance and anti-corruption (DVAC) said a case was registered against Arumugam under the Prevention of Corruption Act on the basis of an inquiry, which suggested that he had accumulated in his and in his family members’ names assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
According to the DVAC, Arumugam acquired illegal assets worth Rs.2.88 crore during the period May 13, 2006, to May 13, 2011, while he was the agriculture minister in the DMK government.
Officials of the DVAC also searched the houses of Arumugam’s sons, relatives and his two personal assistants.
- Tamil Nadu ex-minister, kin raided for graft (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Ex-DMK minister's house searched by anti-graft officials - May 18, 2012
- Former Tamil Nadu minister's house raided - Feb 17, 2012
- Former DMK minister's residence raided in Tamil Nadu - Feb 15, 2012
- Two former DMK ministers raided - Feb 10, 2012
- Former DMK minister's houses raided in Tamil Nadu - Nov 24, 2011
- Former DMK minister's house raided - Oct 08, 2011
- Graft charges filed against ex-Tamil Nadu minister - May 18, 2012
- Former DMK legislator gets jail term for corruption - Feb 29, 2012
- Former DMK minister's home raided - Feb 01, 2012
- Former DMK minister's home, office raided - Dec 21, 2011
- Premises of Tamil Nadu officials raided - Oct 14, 2011
- Two former DMK ministers arrested - Jun 04, 2012
- Top Tamil Nadu cop suspended after raids - Aug 02, 2011
- Chhattisgarh official found with assets worth Rs.11 cr - Aug 29, 2012