Tamil Nadu contestant prepares constituency-based manifestoApril 15th, 2009 - 7:52 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, April 15 (IANS) A contestant to the Lok Sabha from the regional DMDK party Wednesday announced plans to create a constituency-based manifesto.
The first draft of the ‘People’s Manifesto’ prepared by DMDK member K. Pandiyarajan, who is contesting the Lok Sabha election from the Virudhunagar seat, was released here Wednesday.
“Having studied the problems of Virudhunagar comprising of Tirumangalam, Tirupparankunram, Sattur, Sivakasi, Virudhunagar and Aruppukkottai assembly constituencies spread over two districts, I have taken the first step to improve the infrastructure here,” Pandiyarajan, who is also an IT consultant, told IANS.
“On the basis of consultations with industry captains, engineers, doctors, financial experts, we prepared a basic plan for Virudhunagar’s infrastructural improvement in the form of a special economic zone, colleges, universities, better roads, lighting and sanitation,” Pandiyarajan said.
“This means more jobs, better trained human resource and higher quality of life - certainly a win-win situation. In other words, I am telling my voters that my election promises are based on realistic possibilities,” Pandiyarajan added.
- HR professional throws hat into poll ring - Apr 03, 2009
- Dimple elected to Lok Sabha unopposed (Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- AIADMK announces deal with DMDK, new list of candidates - Mar 21, 2011
- Vijayakant's DMDK joins AIADMK fold (Lead) - Mar 05, 2011
- Solatium for families of officials killed in cracker unit fire - Aug 13, 2010
- AIADMK in seat-sharing deal with Muslim party - Feb 20, 2011
- President Patil emphasizes need for proper sanitation in rural areas - Mar 23, 2011
- AIADMK candidates list out, Jayalalithaa to contest Srirangam - Mar 17, 2011
- Be prepared for LS polls 'anytime in 2013', Mulayam to party (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Congress faces setback in Andhra, Trinamool wins UP bypoll (Roundup) - Jun 15, 2012
- AIADMK working out patch-up formula with allies (Lead) - Mar 19, 2011
- Mamata to contest from Bhawanipore assembly seat - Aug 19, 2011
- Mulayam fast tracks preparations for LS polls - Jul 10, 2012
- Congress now backs Khurshid's quota promise - Jan 14, 2012
- 'Economic impact of inadequate sanitation is Rs 2.44 tn' - Dec 13, 2011
Tags: assembly constituencies, colleges, constituency, consultations, dmdk, doctors, financial experts, first draft, human resource, industry captains, infrastructure, lighting, lok sabha election, manifesto, pandiyarajan, promises, quality of life, realistic possibilities, sanitation, special economic zone