Tamil Nadu assembly session begins from WednesdayJune 15th, 2009 - 9:19 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, June 15 (IANS) A four-day session of the Tamil Nadu assembly will begin Wednesday and take up matters like demand for grants for various departments.
“The budget session got over soon owing to the Lok Sabha elections after it started on February 17. The forthcoming session will be a follow-up to the budget session,” Speaker R.Avudaiyappan told reporters here Monday.
He said Chief Minister M.Karunanidhi would reply on the debate on the state budget on July 20.
The seating arrangement in the assembly will see minor change after the recent elevation of Karunanidhi’s son M.K.Stalin as deputy chief minister.
In terms of hierarchy, Stalin is ranked third in the state cabinet after Karunanidhi and Finance Minister K.Anbazhagan.
This assembly session will be the first one after Stalin’s elevation and also after the Lok Sabha elections.
Earlier, Avudaiyappan chaired the business advisory council meeting at the state assembly secretariat, which was attended by Karunanidhi, Anbazhagan, Electricity Minister Arcot N.Veeraswami and others.
The ruling DMK has called a meeting of its legislators Thursday to discuss various issues relating to the forthcoming session.
Meanwhile, opposition parties like AIADMK, PMK, MDMK and the two communist parties are also chalking out their strategies to be adopted during the session.
Heated debates are expected on the power, labour relations, capitation fee in professional colleges and other matters.
- Ruling allies, opposition spar in Tamil Nadu assembly - Jun 29, 2009
- DMK, Congress to hold seat sharing talks Sunday - Feb 19, 2011
- DMK, Congress poll pact talks inconclusive - Feb 20, 2011
- Nine AIADMK legislators suspended from assembly - Jan 10, 2011
- Congress-DMK seat-sharing talks inconclusive - Feb 26, 2011
- DMK's executive council starts deliberations - Jul 23, 2011
- 50,000 to take part in fill the jails protest: Karunanidhi - Jul 04, 2012
- 3,082 nominations found valid in Tamil Nadu - Mar 29, 2011
- Deputy Chief Minister Stalin still No.3 in Tamil Nadu government - May 30, 2009
- DMK, Congress to conclude talks on identification of seats - Mar 11, 2011
- DMK supports Raja, says arrest doesn't make him guilty (Lead) - Feb 03, 2011
- Karunanidhi, Stalin pick new constituencies - Mar 17, 2011
- PMK, DMK members nearly come to blows in Tamil Nadu assembly - Jul 10, 2009
- Stalin gets bouquet from AIADMK legislator, assembly sees fracas - Jun 17, 2009
- Ramadoss defends PMK colleague criticised by Karunanidhi - Jun 08, 2010
Tags: arcot, assembly session, budget session, business advisory council, communist parties, deputy chief minister, dmk, finance minister, forthcoming session, labour relations, lok sabha elections, m karunanidhi, mdmk, opposition parties, professional colleges, seating arrangement, session speaker, state assembly, state budget, state cabinet