Take NAC recommendations seriously: PMOctober 31st, 2010 - 12:51 am ICT by IANS
On Board Air India One, Oct 30 (IANS) The recommendations of the National Advisory Council have to be taken seriously, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said Saturday in response to a query on the food security bill.
“When I go back, I will try and acquaint myself on the recommendations of the NAC,” the prime minister told reporters on his way home from a weeklong tour of Japan, Malaysia and Thailand.
The NAC, chaired by Sonia Gandhi, has urged the government to move beyond the below poverty line (BPL) criteria and recommended ‘priority’ and ‘general’ categories for legal entitlement of foodgrain under the proposed food security act.
The NAC has suggested that legal entitlements to subsidised foodgrains should be extended to at least 75 percent of the country’s population - 90 percent in rural areas and 50 percent in urban areas.
- NAC to continue discussions on food security bill - Nov 26, 2010
- PDS outgo will rise once food security act comes into force - Oct 27, 2010
- Food security would need over 62 mn tonnes of grain: Pawar (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Food security: PM says will seriously evaluate NAC recommendations - Oct 30, 2010
- Categorise households for legal entitlement of foodgrain: NAC - Oct 23, 2010
- NAC recommends food security cover for 80 crore people - Oct 23, 2010
- Get local bodies to implement food security, suggest experts - Oct 26, 2010
- NAC okays Food Security Bill, to be sent to PM - Jun 22, 2011
- PM's panel disagrees with NAC on food security law - Jan 13, 2011
- Government reviews food security bill - Feb 29, 2012
- No poverty cap for food allocation: Montek - Oct 03, 2011
- Landmark food security bill tabled in parliament (Lead) - Dec 22, 2011
- No regard for kids in draft food security bill: Activists - Aug 08, 2011
- Not understating poverty, no cap for food allocation: Montek (Roundup) - Oct 03, 2011
- Will delay in poverty survey affect food security bill? - Apr 10, 2012
Tags: air india, food security act, foodgrains, legal entitlement, legal entitlements, manmohan, manmohan singh, nac, national advisory council, oct 30, population, poverty line, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, priority, rural areas, security bill, sonia gandhi, Thailand, urban areas