Take back Lokpal Bill, bring new draft, says SushmaAugust 24th, 2011 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 24 (IANS) Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj Wednesday demanded the government should take back its Lokpal bill and introduce a new draft incorporating provisions of the Jan Lokpal bill of Team Anna.
Emerging from an all-party meeting, called by the government to evolve consensual approach on the Lokpal, said the Bharatiya Janata Party leader said her party told the government it should have two aims at this point in time — to present a strong and effective Lokpal bill and to persuade activist Anna Hazare to end his nine-day fast.
“In order to find solutions in a difficult circumstance, sometimes the processes can be overlooked. The government should take back its Lokpal bill and bring in a new draft bill keeping in mind the Jan Lokpal bill,” Sushma Swaraj told reporters adding, “There has to be a national consensus on the Lokpal bill.”
She also appealed to Hazare to end his fast.
- All party meeting urges Hazare to end fast (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Consensus eludes all-party meet on Lokpal bill (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2011
- Standoff continues, PM says anything can happen - Aug 24, 2011
- Want strong, independent Lokpal: PM (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- All party meet on Lokpal bill ends amid differences (Lead) - Jul 03, 2011
- Anna fast: All-party meet begins at PM's residence - Aug 24, 2011
- Sushma Swaraj seeks all-party meet on Lokpal Bill - Apr 07, 2011
- Anna to break fast after written commitment: PM - Aug 24, 2011
- NDA, Left attend all-party Lokpal meeting (Lead) - Jul 03, 2011
- Lokpal Bill row: BJP asks Govt. not to make a 'prestige issue' - Apr 05, 2011
- Government should withdraw Lokpal bill: Yechury - Aug 24, 2011
- Text of PM's remarks at all-party meet - Aug 24, 2011
- We want strong Lokpal bill, BJP tells Team Hazare (Lead) - Jul 01, 2011
- Government okays key anti-graft bills to counter Anna threat - Dec 14, 2011
- No consensus at all-party meet on Lokpal bill (Roundup) - Dec 15, 2011