Tainted IAS officer among ‘proud women of Madhya Pradesh’November 2nd, 2011 - 11:34 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Nov 2 (IANS) An Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer who was suspended for alleged corruption features among the ‘Proud Women of Madhya Pradesh’ whose photographs have been put on hoardings under the ongoing ‘Beti Bachao Campaign’ in the state.
Tinu Joshi’s photograph was placed along with former chief minister Uma Bharti, and late Jamuna Devi of the Congress, who was former leader of opposition in the state assembly, among others.
Last year, Rs.3 crore was unearthed from the house of Tinu and her husband Arvind Joshi, who also is an IAS officer, leading to suspension of the duo from service.
The Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta also found documents of properties and bank accounts worth crores of rupees during the raids at the couple’s residence.
Cultural Minister Laxmikant Sharma, whose department organised the Madhya Pradesh foundation day function, denied that they had installed any hoardings in which photographs of Uma Bharti, Jamuna Devi or Tinu Joshi have been showcased.
“It is the handiwork of the opposition parties who anyway are opposing the ‘Beti Bachao Abhiyan’ and the foundation day function and maligning it. We are inquiring into the matter,” said the minister.
- From peons to clerks, raids unveil Madhya Pradesh's millionaires - Jan 20, 2012
- ED issues notice to suspended Madhya Pradesh IAS couple - Jan 20, 2011
- Suspended officer's message gets chief minister on wrong foot - Dec 24, 2010
- Congress questions Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta's appointment - Dec 07, 2011
- BJP plans brain storming session in Agra Aug 5-6 - Jul 30, 2012
- Noose tightens on tainted IAS couple - Feb 09, 2010
- IAS couple, engineers' homes raided by Lokayukt - Dec 10, 2010
- Hema, Asha to grace Madhya Pradesh state function - Oct 28, 2011
- Stormy budget session ahead in Madhya Pradesh - Feb 21, 2010
- Congress slams Madhya Pradesh on falling sex ratio - Oct 06, 2011
- Pakistanis also praise BJP campaign on girl child: Chouhan - Nov 23, 2011
- Arjun Singh had admirers galore in BJP - Mar 05, 2011
- IAS couple with Rs.3 crore unaccounted cash suspended (Second Lead) - Feb 06, 2010
- Uma Bharti could return to BJP next week - Apr 21, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh government criticised on corruption - Feb 24, 2010
Tags: abhiyan, alleged corruption, arvind, beti, bharti, chief minister, crore, foundation day, handiwork, hoardings, indian administrative service, joshi, laxmikant, leader of opposition, nov 2, opposition parties, proud women, rupees, state assembly, worth crores