Syrian troops kill 40 insurgentsAugust 4th, 2012 - 12:23 am ICT by IANS
Damascus, Aug 3 (IANS) At least 40 insurgents have been killed in the Syrian province of Homs and many others injured, a pro-government radio report said Friday.
According to the pro-government Sham FM radio, Syrian troops carried out an operation in Homs province, leaving 40 armed insurgents killed and others injured while incessant clashes and violence were reported elsewhere, Xinhua reported.
The operation had been conducted in Al-Hamidieh district, the report said, adding that the troops were tracking down remnants of the armed groups.
Meanwhile, the state-run SANA news agency said the Syrian troops have ambushed armed groups riding pickup trucks near Aleppo province, inflicting hefty toll on them.
- Syrian troops kill 25 insurgents in Aleppo - Aug 07, 2012
- Clashes between Syrian army, opposition continue in Aleppo - Aug 01, 2012
- 11 killed in Syria bus attack - Jan 23, 2012
- Put pressure on Assad: Italy urges nations - Jul 28, 2012
- Over 3,000 protesters rally in Syria - May 14, 2011
- Russia condemns attacks on journalists in Syria - Aug 15, 2012
- Syrian official denies sabotage of drinking water - Sep 09, 2012
- Gas pipeline blown up in Syria - Mar 24, 2012
- 25 killed in fresh Syria massacre - Jun 22, 2012
- Syrian forces storm rebel-held Aleppo - Aug 14, 2012
- Syria releases 225 detainees - Sep 01, 2012
- UN observer mission pulls out of Syria's Aleppo - Aug 08, 2012
- 31 killed in Syrian bombings (Lead, Changing dateline) - Sep 10, 2012
- Car bomb rocks Damascus suburb, hits peace deal - Apr 25, 2012
- Syrian journalists killed in TV station attack - Jun 28, 2012