Swamy to seek governor’s sanction to prosecute KarunanidhiFebruary 7th, 2011 - 2:27 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Feb 7 (IANS) Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy Monday said he would seek Tamil Nadu Governor Surjit Singh Barnala’s sanction to prosecute Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi for alleged misuse of office to allot land.”The governor has given me time to meet this afternoon. I will be seeking his sanction to prosecute Karunanidhi for misusing his office in allotting land to some people,” Swamy told IANS.
“The governor cannot sit over my petition. This is only the first of my cases against Karunanidhi. There are several more complaints. I have 23 dossiers and with one down today, 22 are still there,” he added.
Complaints against the Tamil Nadu Housing Board were made some time ago for alleged allotment of land to ineligible people under a discretionary quota. The government recently abolished the system of allotting land under the discretionary quota.
This is the second salvo that Swamy is firing at Karunanidhi.
On Saturday, Swamy named Karunanidhi as a co-accused along with former communications minister A. Raja in the 2G spectrum scam in his complaint to a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court in New Delhi.
“I have named DMK chief Karunanidhi as a co-accused along with Raja in the matter and many more names will be added,” Swamy told the court.
Karunanidhi Sunday sent a legal notice to Swamy, demanding retraction of his statement within 24 hours or to face civil/criminal action for defamation.
But Swamy said, “I am yet to get that notice.”
- Swamy seeks Karunanidhi's prosecution for land allotment (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Karunanidhi trashes Swamy's allegations in land allotment - Feb 08, 2011
- Karunanidhi hits back at Swamy, says no irregularities in land scam - Feb 08, 2011
- Swamy seeks sanction to prosecute Karunanidhi - Feb 07, 2011
- Swamy names Karunanidhi as co-accused in 2G case (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Jayalalithaa backs Swamy's demand on Karunanidhi - Feb 07, 2011
- CBI files fresh status report in 2G scam - Mar 08, 2011
- Karunanidhi involved in 2G scam, Swamy tells CBI court - Feb 05, 2011
- Karunanidhi sends legal notice to Subramanian Swamy - Feb 06, 2011
- CBI submits status report in 2G scam - Feb 22, 2011
- Chidambaram's alleged complicity in 2G scam to be decided Saturday - Feb 03, 2012
- At 88, Karunanidhi gets bitter present from Jaya - Jun 03, 2011
- 2G scam: Swamy allowed to argue his case personally - Aug 26, 2011
- Swamy seeks sanction to prosecute Chidambaram in 2G scam - Mar 28, 2011
- Eid celebrated in Tamil Nadu - Sep 10, 2010
Tags: allotment, barnala, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, chennai, chief minister, defamation, discretionary quota, housing board, janata party president, karunanidhi, New Delhi, petition, pg, raja, retraction, sanction, spectrum, subramanian swamy, surjit singh