Swamy slams Team Anna for being soft on Sonia GandhiJune 11th, 2012 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 11 (IANS) Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy Monday slammed Team Anna for only targeting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his colleagues but not attacking the UPA chairperson and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi on the issue of corruption.
“Why Anna team is not attacking Sonia who is heading the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) and enjoys a cabinet rank and is responsible for the acts of UPA government. It’s (Team Anna) only targeting Manmohan Singh to destabilise him and pave the way for Rahul Gandhi (Congress general secretary) to succeed him,” he told reporters here.
He was here regarding a court case relating to the freedom of religion act passed by the Himachal Pradesh government.
Terming Rahul Gandhi as incapable to shoulder the responsibilities of the prime minister, Swamy said people have given a befitting reply to the party in the recently concluded assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh.
Referring to attempts of the Congress to target Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi over 2002 riots, he said that these were nothing as compared to massacre of Sikhs during the anti-Sikh riots of 1984 and the killing of Muslims in Hajipur, near Meerut, allegedly at the behest of the Congress.
- Swamy slams Team Anna for being soft on Sonia Gandhi - Jun 11, 2012
- Strong Lokpal bill will bolster UPA: Agnivesh - Jul 07, 2011
- Nation remembers 'Iron Lady' Indira Gandhi - Oct 31, 2011
- Sonia defends PM, stresses Congress unity (Second Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Sonia defends PM, for unity in Congress (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- BJP demands Chidambaram's immediate resignation (Second Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- CWC meet begins, economic situation on agenda - Jun 04, 2012
- Hazare seeks to work with Rahul Gandhi in future - Dec 10, 2011
- Rahul-Ajit combo try to whip up magic in Meerut (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- UPA record in corruption unbeatable: Advani - Feb 08, 2012
- Sonia pulls up Congress, to pick presidential nominee (Roundup) - Jun 04, 2012
- Kashmiri Sikhs protest against Rajoana's hanging - Mar 28, 2012
- Would like to see Pranab challenged: Subramanian Swamy - Jun 16, 2012
- Akali Dal, SGPC oppose Tytler in Olympics delegation - Jul 09, 2012
- A weakened Congress will face UP ballot (Comment) - Feb 04, 2012
Tags: anti sikh riots, assembly polls, cabinet rank, congress chief, freedom of religion, himachal pradesh government, janata party president, manmohan, manmohan singh, meerut, narendra modi, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, progressive alliance, rahul gandhi, religion act, shimla, sikhs, sonia gandhi, subramanian swamy