Suspended Congress MPs hold protestApril 25th, 2012 - 4:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 25 (IANS) Congress MPs from Telangana who were suspended from the Lok Sabha Tuesday staged a protest against the decision at the parliament complex here Wednesday.
The MPs, who were suspended for four days for disrupting parliament’s Budget Session while demanding the formation of a Telangana state, sat with black strips of cloth across their mouths and holding placards demanding that a new state be carved out of Andhra Pradesh.
Due to the disruptions by the MPs, the lower house of parliament Tuesday could not function during the second half of the day’s sitting.
Later, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal decided to suspend MPs Ponnam Prabhakar, Madhu Yaskhi Goud, M. Jagannath, K.R.G. Reddy, G. Viveknanda, Balram Naik, Sukender Reddy Gutha and S. Rajaiah.
However, even after the suspension, they continued to sit in the house.
- Suspended MPs block parliament entrance - Apr 26, 2012
- Stormy start to parliament, 8 Congress MPs suspended (Roundup) - Apr 24, 2012
- Congress moves to suspend eight MPs from Lok Sabha (Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- Speaker rejects resignation of 12 Telangana MPs - Nov 15, 2011
- MPs responsible for consequences of returning gunmen: DGP - Oct 20, 2011
- MP sent to jail, 3,000 held for rail blockade in Telangana - Oct 16, 2011
- Congress leader begins indefinite fast for Telangana - Nov 01, 2011
- Telangana Congress MPs to surrender guards - Oct 19, 2011
- Telangana Congress leaders launch 48-hour fast - Jul 13, 2011
- Congress MPs add to Telangana chorus, disrupt Lok Sabha (Second Lead) - Feb 23, 2011
- Telangana MP sent to jail - Oct 16, 2011
- Congress MPs add to Telangana chorus, Lok Sabha disrupted (Roundup) - Feb 23, 2011
- Congress MPs from Telangana disrupt Lok Sabha (Lead) - Feb 23, 2011
- Congress MPs raise Telangana issue in Lok Sabha - Feb 22, 2011
- Congress' Telangana MPs sport black bands in Lok Sabha - Mar 04, 2011
Tags: affairs minister, bansal, budget session, congress, disruptions, g reddy, half of the day, house of parliament, jagannath, Lok Sabha, mouths, naik, New Delhi, parliament, parliamentary affairs, pawan kumar, protest, second half, telangana