Sushma questions absence of ministersAugust 3rd, 2010 - 4:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 3 (IANS) Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj Tuesday questioned the absence of Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee, Petroleum Minister Murli Deora and Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar when the house was about to begin a discussion on the price rise and fuel hike issues.
“No opposition leader will speak in the absence of the ministers who are answerable to the price rise and fuel price hike,” Swaraj said pointing to the absence of Mukherjee, Pawar and Deora in the house after the lunch break.
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs V. Narayansamy said the debate could proceed as other cabinet ministers were present in the house.
“The leader of opposition is trying to set a new precedent in the house,” he said.
When Swaraj continued to press her point, Deora came into the house and Deputy Speaker Karia Munda invited Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav for discussion.
- Rising prices not government failure: Pranab Mukherjee - Jul 28, 2010
- Adjournment motion disallowed, Lok Sabha adjourned (Lead) - Jul 28, 2010
- Uproar in Lok Sabha before price rise debate - Aug 03, 2010
- Uproar over price rise stalls parliament (Roundup) - Jul 27, 2010
- Day 3 in Parliament: No work, logjam on over price rise, Telangana - Nov 24, 2011
- Price rise ghost continues to haunt parliament, both houses adjourned (Roundup) - Jul 28, 2010
- Price rise issue: Opposition accepts government's compromise formula - Aug 02, 2010
- Parliament deadlocked again as price rise protests continue (Roundup) - Jul 29, 2010
- Government faces opposition heat over inflation - Dec 08, 2011
- Hazare protest stalls parliament, no business done (Third Lead) - Aug 23, 2011
- Lok Sabha adjourned till 12 noon (Lead) - Jul 29, 2010
- Peace in Lok Sabha after two adjournments (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2010
- Rajya Sabha adjourned again, peace returns to Lok Sabha (Third Lead) - Mar 03, 2010
- Fuel price hike stalls parliament (Afternoon Lead) - Mar 03, 2010
- Enemy property bill withdrawn (Second Lead) - Aug 30, 2010
Tags: agriculture minister, cabinet ministers, deputy speaker, finance minister, fuel price hike, karia, leader of opposition, Lok Sabha, lunch break, minister of state, munda, murli deora, New Delhi, opposition leader, parliamentary affairs, party leader, pranab mukherjee, sharad pawar, sushma swaraj, yadav