Surendra Sirsat appointed new Goa NCP chiefNovember 23rd, 2010 - 8:45 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Nov 23 (IANS) Surendra Sirsat has been appointed the president of the Goa unit of the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), the party said in a statement Tuesday.
The statement added that the earlier state unit president, Jose Phillip D’Souza, has been relieved of his charge by party president Sharad Pawar.
D’Souza had earned the ire of his party high command after he was found involved in a public brawl against his party colleague Francisco Pacheco in the run-up to the recently concluded municipal polls here.
Sirsat, a former speaker of the Goa legislative assembly, is an academician and has worked as a lecturer in a local college.
- Two NCP ministers quit Congress-led Goa government - Mar 14, 2011
- Goa NCP president resigns - Nov 07, 2010
- NCP names Phillip as Goa president - Jun 29, 2010
- NCP legislators engage in public scrap - Oct 27, 2010
- Goa NCP president booked for rioting, assault - Oct 27, 2010
- Cash-for-post scam rocks Goa NCP unit - Jul 06, 2011
- Chavan had to go, how can Pacheco come, ask Goa Congress dissidents - Dec 23, 2010
- 10 Congress dissidents threaten to topple Goa government - Dec 22, 2010
- NCP: Goa Congress cozying up to real estate lobby - Feb 23, 2012
- Congress, NCP in war of words over seat sharing - Nov 15, 2011
- Goa Congress admits to crisis over Pacheco, can drop NCP (Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Trinamool opens Goa unit - Jan 02, 2012
- NCP leader accused of illegal mining - Jul 04, 2011
- Image of Goa minister with Lord Ganesh irks BJP - Aug 31, 2011
- Ministers others threaten to topple Goa government - Mar 19, 2010