Supreme Court rejects plea for probe against NaiduJuly 23rd, 2012 - 3:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 23 (IANS) The Supreme Court Monday dismissed a plea that sought a CBI probe against Telugu Desam chief N. Chandrababu Naidu for allegedly benefiting a number of large companies during his tenure as the Andhra Pradesh chief minister.
The apex court bench of Justice T.S. Thakur and Justice F.M. Ibrahim Kalifulla declined to interfere with the state high court order which has earlier rejected Y.S.Vijaya’s plea for the CBI probe.
Vijaya is the widow of the late Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy, who was killed in a helicopter crash in September 2009, and is the honorary president of the YSR Congress Party.
She has alleged that Naidu misused his position to grant favours to the private companies during his tenure.
The apex court, while declining Vijaya’s plea, said that the high court had given a reasoned order and it warranted no interference.
- Supreme Court rejects plea for probe against Naidu (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Order against Naidu: Supreme Court declines to interfere - Nov 23, 2011
- Rajasekhara Reddy's widow withdraws plea from apex court - Jan 17, 2012
- Court rejects plea for probe into Naidu assets (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- High court reserves orders on Naidu's petition - Dec 14, 2011
- CBI probe against Naidu suspended for now (Lead) - Dec 13, 2011
- Chandrababu mulls appeal against order on CBI probe - Nov 16, 2011
- YSR's widow seeks probe into Naidu's assets - Oct 18, 2011
- Court should have issued notice before ordering probe: Naidu - Nov 14, 2011
- Supreme Court notice to CBI on Jagan's bail plea - Aug 09, 2012
- Supreme Court notices to six Andhra ministers (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Court orders CBI probe into Chandrababu Naidu's assets - Nov 14, 2011
- Supreme Court rejects Jagan's assets plea - Aug 24, 2011
- Apex court rejects Jagan's plea against CBI probe (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Pressure on Andhra chief minister to 'bail out' colleagues - Aug 21, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh, apex, apex court, cbi probe, chandrababu naidu, chief minister, congress party, court bench, helicopter crash, honorary president, interference, New Delhi, plea, private companies, supreme court, telugu desam, tenure, thakur, vijaya, ysr