Supreme Court notice on favours to Jaganmohan’s firmsMarch 12th, 2012 - 3:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 12 (IANS) The Supreme Court Monday issued notice on 26 government orders issued during the tenure of late Andhra Pradesh chief minister Y.S. Rajashekara Reddy to allegedly favour the business interests of his son, Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy, due to which he and others had amassed disproportionate assets.
The notice was issued to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), six Andhra Pradesh ministers and eleven IAS officers serving in the state at the time.
An apex court bench headed by Justice Dalveer Bhandari issued notice on a petition by Nellore-based advocate Sudhakar Reddy seeking a probe into the government orders favouring Jaganmohan Reddy, a Lok Sabha MP.
The petitione has challenged a Andhra Pradesh High Court order rejecting a probe. A special CBI court in Hyderabad had also rejected the plea.
Sudhakar Reddy contended that the investigation into the disproportionate assets could not be confined to Jaganmohan Reddy, but should also include the role of the ministers and bureaucrats in facilitating his business dealings.
- Supreme Court notices to six Andhra ministers (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Supreme Court notices to six Andhra ministers (Second Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Andhra seeks legal opinion on court notices to ministers - Mar 13, 2012
- Supreme Court notice to CBI on Jagan's bail plea - Aug 09, 2012
- Pressure on Andhra chief minister to 'bail out' colleagues - Aug 21, 2012
- Andhra minister appears before CBI in Jagan case - Mar 20, 2012
- CBI summons another Andhra minister in Jagan case - Jun 05, 2012
- CBI questions Andhra minister in Jagan case - Apr 14, 2012
- CBI questions Andhra minister in Jagan case (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Apex court rejects Jagan's plea against CBI probe (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- CBI grills Jagan for fourth day - Jun 06, 2012
- CBI arrests industrialist Prasad, IRS officer in Jagan case (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Congress has no role in Jagan's arrest: Andhra chief minister - May 28, 2012
- Apex court rejects Jagan's petition against CBI inquiry - Jul 22, 2011
- Congress leader for legal aid to jailed former minister - Jul 08, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh chief, andhra pradesh high court, apex, apex court, bhandari, bureaucrats, business dealings, business interests, cbi court, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, court bench, favour, favours, government orders, Lok Sabha, New Delhi, plea, sudhakar, tenure