Super Tuesday seems to have lost its sheenMarch 6th, 2012 - 8:51 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, Mar 6 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The obvious fact in the race to the White House for the Republican candidates is that whoever comes out tops after the Super Tuesday will have a major boost to going all the way in the race to lead the GOP in the Presidential race in 2012. The race has so far turned out to be a two-horse race between frontrunner Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum.
Romney has picked momentum at the right time coming into the Super Tuesday. He has won the last five caucuses and recent polls show that he has caught up with Santorum in the polls in Ohio. Santorum was leading the polls in Ohio with double digits but recent polls leave very little to be chosen between the two candidates.
The first candidate to pick a total of 1,144 delegates will win the GOP race. On Super Tuesday, the winning candidate will walk away with 419 of those delegates. The biggest stage on the day will be at Ohio despite the fact that 10 states will be taking part in the polls.
Americans will go to the polls on the 6tth of November to elect a President. Incumbent President Barack Obama is determine to go for another second term in what will be another historic first for the African American race.
- Romney pulls ahead, but Ohio still hangs in balance (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Romney wins six, but fails to deliver a knockout (Second Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Romney frontrunner as Republican race hits 'Super Tuesday' - Mar 06, 2012
- Santorum slows Romney's march with southern sweep (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Romney scores decisive win in Illinois primary - Mar 21, 2012
- Super Tuesday: Contenders share spoils - Mar 07, 2012
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South - Mar 13, 2012
- Romney pads up lead as Santorum wins Kansas - Mar 11, 2012
- Romney thumps Gingrich, regains momentum - Feb 01, 2012
- Santorum sweeps south; setback for Romney - Mar 14, 2012
- Rick Santorum wins Kansas caucuses, Romney takes Wyoming - Mar 11, 2012
- Romney, Santorum face showdown in Obama's home state - Mar 20, 2012
- Romney picks up two big endorsements - Mar 30, 2012
- Romney gains presidential momentum with twin wins - Feb 29, 2012
Tags: barack obama, caucuses, delegates, double digits, frontrunner, going all the way, gop, gop race, horse race, incumbent president, mitt romney, momentum, polls, presidential race, republican candidates, rick santorum, right time, second term, sheen, white house