Sukh Ram’s surrender in court put off till Friday (Second Lead)January 5th, 2012 - 6:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 5 (IANS) A Delhi court Thursday put off by a day former telecom minister Sukh Ram’s surrender in the 1996 equipment purchase scam. The 84-year-old ex-minister could not appear in court as he is undergoing treatment at a hospital here.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge Dharmesh Sharma ordered two other accused, former deputy director-general of the department of telecommunications Runu Ghosh and managing director of Hyderabad-based firm Advanced Radio Masts P. Rama Rao, to be taken into custody.
“According to the judicial process, I am not inclined to pass any order on this matter,” he said.
Sukh Ram was alleged to have shown undue favour to a cable supply company in 1996 and accepting Rs.3 lakh bribe, along with an accomplice.
In 2009, Sukh Ram was held guilty of possessing disproportionate assets worth Rs.4.25 crore.
In 2002, he was awarded a three-year jail term under the Prevention of Corruption Act in a case related to causing a loss of Rs.1.66 crore to the exchequer.
- Sukh Ram's surrender put off by court till Friday (Third Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Court convicts Sukh Ram in 1996 telecom case - Nov 18, 2011
- Sukh Ram's three-year jail term upheld in graft case (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Graft case: Apex court grants bail to Sukh Ram, two others (Third Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Sukh Ram's surrender put off till Friday (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Supreme Court grants bail to Sukh Ram, two others (Second Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Supreme Court extends Sukh Ram's interim bail (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Supreme Court extends Sukh Ram's interim bail - Jan 16, 2012
- Court convicts Sukhram in 1996 telecom case - Nov 18, 2011
- Sukh Ram set to surrender Saturday - Jan 07, 2012
- I will appeal to higher court: Sukh Ram - Nov 19, 2011
- Sukh Ram surrenders, sent to jail (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Sukh Ram in coma, counsel tells court (Second Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Five years jail for Sukh Ram in third graft conviction - Nov 19, 2011
- Sukh Ram surrenders, sent to Tihar (Third Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
Tags: accomplice, bribe, cbi, central bureau of investigation, crore, delhi court, dharmesh, favour, former deputy director, jail term, managing director, New Delhi, prevention of corruption act, radio masts, rama, rs 1, special judge, sukh ram, surrender, undergoing treatment