Sukh Ram wants to fight Lok Sabha battleFebruary 25th, 2009 - 8:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 25 (IANS) Shortly after a court sentenced him to three years in jail for corruption, former central minister Sukh Ram said Wednesday that he was ready to contest the coming Lok Sabha elections.
“I am a politician and I want to serve the country. If given a chance by the Congress, I will fight the election,” Sukh Ram told reporters at the court premises.
He contended that he had been falsely implicated in the corruption case, in which he was accused of amassing wealth illegally when he was a minister in the 1991-96 government of prime minister P.V. Narasimha Rao.
- I will appeal to higher court: Sukh Ram - Nov 19, 2011
- High court grants bail to Sukh Ram (Lead) - Nov 28, 2011
- Sukh Ram challenges conviction, sentence in graft case (Lead) - Nov 23, 2011
- Sukh Ram attacked outside court - Nov 19, 2011
- Sukh Ram contests conviction, CBI asked to respond (Lead) - Nov 25, 2011
- Court issues notice to CBI on Sukh Ram's plea - Nov 25, 2011
- Sukh Ram's three-year jail term upheld in graft case (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Court convicts Sukh Ram in 1996 telecom case - Nov 18, 2011
- Five years jail for Sukh Ram in third graft conviction - Nov 19, 2011
- Sukh Ram gets three year jail for graft, secures bail (Third Lead) - Feb 25, 2009
- Ex-minister Raja's arrest not first in telecom ministry - Feb 02, 2011
- Raja second ex-minister to be arrested in 15 years - Feb 03, 2011
- Narasimha Rao receives mention in Sonia's speech - Dec 19, 2010
- Court to pronounce sentence on Sukh Ram Wednesday - Feb 24, 2009
- Sukh Ram's surrender put off by court till Friday (Third Lead) - Jan 05, 2012