Suit filed against Advani, 3 BJP MPs for flaunting moneyJuly 25th, 2008 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 25 (IANS) A defamation suit has been filed in the Lucknow District Court against Leader of Opposition Lal Krishna Advani and three BJP MPs who displayed wads of currency notes in the Lok Sabha July 22 alleging they had been bribed to abstain during the trust vote, an official said Friday. The complainant, Kishori Lal Yadav, an ex-corporator of the Samajwadi Party (SP), has filed the suit under section 500 of the Indian Penal Code.
“BJP MPs Ashok Argal, Mahavir Bhagora and Faggan Singh Kulaste fabricated a false story accusing Amar Singh of giving them the money to cross-vote in the UPA (United Progressive Alliance)-sponsored trust motion,” Yadav said.
This has defamed the SP and its workers and all the four people should be summoned and punished, Yadav appealed to the court.
“R.P. Tripathi, special additional chief judicial magistrate, has passed orders to register the complaint and has fixed August 8 for recording the statement of the complainant,” a court official said.
- Cash-for-votes: BJP MP booked; bail pleas of three put off - Oct 03, 2011
- Working on cash-for-votes money trail, cops tell court - May 10, 2012
- Gadkari meets jailed party colleagues in Tihar - Oct 31, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Order on bail plea of five accused Nov 16 (Lead) - Nov 14, 2011
- Cash-for-vote case: Police file another charge sheet - Apr 30, 2012
- Cash-for-votes: Police file supplementary chargesheet - Sep 30, 2011
- Meira Kumar sanctions prosecution of BJP MP Ashok Argal (Lead) - Sep 30, 2011
- Cash-for-vote: Non-bailable warrant against Hindustani - Aug 14, 2012
- High Court dismisses Amar Singh's plea - Jan 13, 2012
- Cash-for-vote: Police likely to file another charge sheet - Feb 10, 2012
- 'Very critical' Amar Singh gets bail - Oct 24, 2011
- Police response sought on bail plea of Amar Singh's ex-aide (Lead) - Nov 09, 2011
- Order on Amar Singh's bail Wednesday - Sep 27, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Kulkarni, two BJP former MPs walk out of Tihar - Nov 17, 2011
- Congress influencing police: Ashok Argal - Sep 06, 2011
Tags: amar singh, argal, bjp, complainant, currency notes, defamation suit, indian penal code, judicial magistrate, lal krishna advlok sabha, leader of opposition, lucknow district, mahavir, progressive alliance, Samajwadi Party, tripathi, trust motion, trust vote, wads, yadav