Stop pampering Kasab, end trial in a month: Bal ThackerayApril 21st, 2009 - 12:01 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 21 (IANS) Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray Tuesday criticised the “special treatment” accorded to Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone Pakistani terrorist captured during the Mumbai attacks, and demanded that his trial be wrapped up within a month.
In a scathing editorial in Saamna, the party mouthpiece, Thackeray said a huge amount of tax-payers’ money has been wasted in providing security to “Kasab Saheb” (Kasab Sir).
“So much security is not even provided to the country’s prime minister. All this because we want to prove to the world that we are such a strong democracy and that we will give an opportunity of defence to even those who attack us and destroy our country,” the editorial noted.
Thackeray alleged that with the Indian government taking care of all his needs, Kasab - who appeared in court wearing jeans, T-shirt and perfume - must have started loving life in an Indian prison as compared to impoverished Pakistan.
Hence, “Kasab Saheb” has suddenly remembered that he is below 18 years of age, and that the motive was to capture Jammu and Kashmir after the government appointed lawyer S.G. Abbas Kazmi to defend him.
“At this rate, the trial will go from lower courts to higher courts and then for a presidential pardon, as in the case of Afzal Guru,” the signed piece pointed out.
It urged that the trial be completed within a fortnight to a month; Kasab should be given punishment against which he cannot appeal in any higher court and the matter be disposed of.
- Stop pampering Kasab, quickly end trial: Bal Thackeray (Lead) - Apr 21, 2009
- Bal Thackeray backs Trivedi, but raps him too - Sep 12, 2012
- Bal Thackeray attacks PM for cricket diplomacy - Mar 28, 2011
- Bal Thackeray targets Congress, Gandhi family - Sep 07, 2012
- 2G verdict tight slap on government: Bal Thackeray - Feb 03, 2012
- Court order promotes 'balika vadhus' among Muslims: Thackeray - Jun 08, 2012
- Thackeray hits out at Ajit Pawar - Sep 26, 2011
- After Rahul, Shah Rukh, Ashok Chavan becomes Shiv Sena target - Feb 11, 2010
- Thackeray criticizes Chavan, Ajit Pawar - Mar 26, 2011
- Thackeray hits back at Ajit Pawar for letting off 'gas' - Jun 01, 2011
- Thackeray wants Aamir show telecast in Karnataka - May 08, 2012
- Learn from US how to deal with terrorism: Bal Thackeray - May 04, 2011
- Shah Rukh deserves Nishaan-E-Pakistan: Bal Thackeray - Jan 30, 2010
- Bal Thackeray demands Bharat Ratna for Big B - Oct 29, 2011
- Thackeray slams petrol price hike - May 25, 2012
Tags: 18 years, abbas, ajmal, amir, bal thackeray, fortnight, guru, indian government, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, loving life, mohammed, motive, mouthpiece, mumbai, perfume, presidential pardon, strong democracy, t shirt, tax payers money