Statement from President Obama regarding the death of Sen. Ed KennedyAugust 26th, 2009 - 3:48 pm ICT by BNO News
WASHINGTON, D.C. (BNO NEWS) — President Obama released the following statement on Wednesday following the death of Senator Edward Kennedy.
“Michelle and I were heartbroken to learn this morning of the death of our dear friend, Senator Ted Kennedy.
For five decades, virtually every major piece of legislation to advance the civil rights, health and economic well being of the American people bore his name and resulted from his efforts.
I valued his wise counsel in the Senate, where, regardless of the swirl of events, he always had time for a new colleague. I cherished his confidence and momentous support in my race for the Presidency. And even as he waged a valiant struggle with a mortal illness, I’ve profited as President from his encouragement and wisdom.
An important chapter in our history has come to an end. Our country has lost a great leader, who picked up the torch of his fallen brothers and became the greatest United States Senator of our time.
And the Kennedy family has lost their patriarch, a tower of strength and support through good times and bad.
Our hearts and prayers go out to them today–to his wonderful wife, Vicki, his children Ted Jr., Patrick and Kara, his grandchildren and his extended family,” President Obama said.
- Obamas' condole death of Edward Kennedy - Aug 26, 2009
- Obama mourns Kennedy's demise - Aug 27, 2009
- Kennedy's death brings end to historic chapter: Obama - Aug 26, 2009
- Vicki Kennedy Thanks Democrats For Passage Of Health Care Reform Bill - Mar 23, 2010
- President Barack Obama's Remarks at Edward Kennedy's Funeral - Aug 29, 2009
- Vicki Kennedy involved in a family dispute - Aug 06, 2012
- Statement from Irish Taoiseach Brian Cowen T.D. regarding the death of Sen. Ted Kennedy - Aug 26, 2009
- Edward Kennedy, liberal lion, scion of American royalty (Obituary) - Aug 26, 2009
- Ted Kennedy dies of brain cancer aged 77 (Part-II) - Aug 26, 2009
- Statement by Bill Clinton on the passing of Senator Ted Kennedy - Aug 27, 2009
- FBI Files Divulge Death Threats On Ted Kennedy - Jun 15, 2010
- Senator Edward Kennedy's death ends `historic' US chapter (Roundup) - Aug 26, 2009
- Ted Kennedy's sons bid adieu to their passionate father - Aug 30, 2009
- Statement by U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on the passing of Senator Ted Kennedy - Aug 27, 2009
- Obama mourns death of 'greatest legislator of our time' - Aug 30, 2009
Tags: bno, dear friend, ed kennedy, edward kennedy, encouragement, good times, grandchildren, kennedy family, patriarch, race for the presidency, rights health, senator edward kennedy, senator ted kennedy, swirl, ted kennedy, tower of strength, united states senator, valiant struggle, wife vicki, wise counsel