Statement by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Bin laden’s deathMay 2nd, 2011 - 10:58 am ICT by BNO News
DALLAS (BNO NEWS) — New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg on early Monday morning released the following statement on the death of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.
“After September 11, 2001, we gave our word as Americans that we would stop at nothing to capture or kill Osama bin Laden. After the contribution of millions, including so many who made the ultimate sacrifice for our nation, we have kept that word.
“The killing of Osama bin Laden does not lessen the suffering that New Yorkers and Americans experienced at his hands, but it is a critically important victory for our nation - and a tribute to the millions of men and women in our armed forces and elsewhere who have fought so hard for our nation.
“New Yorkers have waited nearly ten years for this news. It is my hope that it will bring some closure and comfort to all those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001.”
- Statement by former U.S. President Bush on Bin Laden's death - May 02, 2011
- American leaders hail killing of Osama bin Laden - May 02, 2011
- al-Qaeda leadership confirms Bin Laden is dead, says it will release audio recording - May 06, 2011
- Rumsfeld: Death of Bin Laden a victory in the fight against Islamist terrorism - May 04, 2011
- 'Bin Laden death won't stop war': Ex Guantanamo Bay detainee Habib - May 02, 2011
- Statement by former U.S. President Clinton on Bin Laden's death - May 02, 2011
- Reports: Obama to announce Osama bin Laden is dead - May 02, 2011
- US Special Troops kill Osama Bin Laden in Attotabad - May 02, 2011
- Osama's death in line with U.S. policy: Pak envoy - May 02, 2011
- Osama's killing a victorious milestone against terrorism: Krishna - May 02, 2011
- `At last some justice for the murder of 3,000 Americans' - May 02, 2011
- New York police arrest 'al-Qaeda sympathizer' who plotted bombing campaign - Nov 21, 2011
- Highlights of Obama's speech - May 02, 2011
- Bin Laden says America 'will not dream of security' until Palestine has security - May 09, 2011
- Text of Obama's speech announcing Osama's killing - May 02, 2011
Tags: al qaeda, armed forces, bno, closure, early monday morning, mayor michael bloomberg, men and women, michael bloomberg, new york city, new york city mayor, new yorkers, news new york, osama bin laden, qaeda leader, september 11 2001, suffering, tribute, ultimate sacrifice, victory