St Stephen’s, Doon networks in Team ManmohanMay 28th, 2009 - 5:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 28 (IANS) The strange ways of old boys networks are not clear to everyone, but they sure seem to work. At least six ministers in Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s new council of ministers are from St Stephen’s College and several from the elite Doon School as well.
Veteran Congress leader Kapil Sibal leads the list of Stephanians in the cabinet. Amongst the others who studied in ‘College’, as the prestigious Delhi University institution is sometimes called, are Salman Khurshid and Shashi Tharoor, a former UN bureaucrat and novelist who is still a hot draw with his alma mater where he is flaunted as a trophy student and often called in to give speeches.
Also in the list is R.P.N. Singh. Amongst the younger lot are Jyotiraditya Scindia and Sachin Pilot who are now part of Manmohan Singh’s new council of ministers that blends youth and experience.
The famous Doon School network, that shot into the limelight when Rajiv Gandhi brought in his old school pals in his inner coterie, continues to exert its magic pull.
Kamal Nath studied in the famed boarding school in Dehradun as did R.P.N. Singh some years later as well as Jyotiraditya Scindia and Jitin Prasada.
- More Rahul men move into Manmohan Singh ministry - Jul 12, 2011
- Government presents expanded and younger media interface - Dec 02, 2011
- Congress' young MPs set for bigger role - Aug 29, 2011
- The new council of ministers after Wednesday's reshuffle - Jan 19, 2011
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's new team - Jul 12, 2011
- Congress ministers rough up Samajwadi Party men at Rahul rally - Nov 14, 2011
- More ministers tasked to articulate government's position better - Dec 02, 2011
- Unmukt hopes for an amicable solution with St. Stephen's - Aug 31, 2012
- Young Congress MPs protest BJP's delay on Lokpal debate - Aug 26, 2011
- Congress to monitor central schemes in Uttar Pradesh - Mar 13, 2011
- 38:21 - so went the English/Hindi divide at swearing-in - May 28, 2009
- Age triumphs over youth in Manmohan's new ministry - May 27, 2009
- Cabinet reshuffle likely Tuesday, Big 4 to continue (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Indian ministers grow richer with average assets of Rs.10 crore - Sep 15, 2011
- Speculation on cabinet reshuffle intensifies - Jun 27, 2011
Tags: congress leader, coterie, delhi university, doon school, kamal nath, kapil sibal, khurshid, manmohan, manmohan singh, old school pals, prasada, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rajiv gandhi, sachin pilot, school in dehradun, shashi tharoor, strange ways, university institution, when rajiv