Springfield Mayor Timothy Davlin Found Dead At HomeDecember 15th, 2010 - 9:33 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Dec 15, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Timothy J. Davlin aka Tim Davlin, the mayor of U.S. city of Springfield, Illinois was found dead in his home on Tuesday morning. The law enforcement officials responded to a 911 call after he failed to show up at court in a pending case. Timothy Davlin was 53 year old.
Illinois State Police said that they are investigating a death investigation. The law enforcement officials refused to divulge any more details about the case. On the other hand, the local media reported that Timothy Davlin suffered a gun shot would and it might be a possible case of suicide. Jonathon Monken, the state police director told a reputed media source that the law enforcement officials are investigating the possible reason and cause of death and and they would not divulge any more details which might be “pertinent” to death investigation. Jonathon Monken said that an autopsy is scheduled on Wednesday and the medical officials may release more information about the case once they get the reports.
The residents of Springfield are stunned by the death of the mayor and condolences and tributes are pouring after the news has been announced. US senator Dick Durbin expressed his condolence and said that Timothy Davlin’s work has always reflected his dedication to Springfield. State Sen. Larry Bomke said that he last met Timothy Davlin two weeks ago and he could not find any trace of tension which showed that he had problem with the world. Larry Bomke said that the late mayor had a charismatic smile. Frank Kunz, a Springfield alderman said that he is not sure if the family members of the mayor are notified. Springfield Ward 3 Alderman Frank Kunz is presently the acting mayor of Springfield.
- US mayor found dead - Dec 15, 2010
- Springfield Mayor Tim Davlin found dead - Dec 15, 2010
- Suspected 88 year old Nazi indicted in Germany - Jul 29, 2010
- Suspected Nazi Indicted For The Murder Of 430,000 Jews - Jul 29, 2010
- Former Nazi guard charged for killing half-a-million Jews - Jul 29, 2010
- Police Arrests "Kensington Strangler" Suspect Antonio Rodriguez - Jan 18, 2011
- Body Found Near Antinette Keller's Site Of Disappearance - Oct 25, 2010
- Millard South High School Shooting Leaves One Dead, Shooter Robert Butler Jr. Kills Himself - Jan 06, 2011
- Female Boxer Christy Martin Hospitalized, Stabbed By Husband - Nov 25, 2010
- Woman Found Dead In August Busch IV's House - Dec 24, 2010
- Hollywood Publicist Ronni Chasen's Murder Remains A Mystery - Nov 20, 2010
- American Eagle Launching New Service Next Year - Nov 26, 2010
- Seven individuals charged for dog fighting conspiracy in St. Clair County, IL - Mar 23, 2010
- Fashion Designer Sylvie Cachay Found Dead In Manhattan Hotel Room - Dec 10, 2010
- Illinois Appellate Court Bars Rahm Emanuel From Contesting In Elections For Mayor - Jan 25, 2011
Tags: alderman, charismatic smile, city of springfield, condolence, condolences, davlin, death investigation, dick durbin, gina gomez, gun shot, illinois state police, kunz, law enforcement officials, local media, media source, medical officials, police director, senator dick durbin, springfield illinois, tuesday morning