Spiritual guru asks Maoists to shift from bullet to ballotFebruary 18th, 2009 - 1:17 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Feb 18 (IANS) Saying that the Maoist youths were good at heart, as they were fighting against “corruption and disparity”, Art of Living founder Sri Sri Ravi Shankar appealed to the Maoist rebels to shun bullets in favour of the ballot.
“I appeal to Maoist rebels to shun bullets for the ballot. Maoist youths are good at heart. They (Maoists) are fighting against corruption and disparity. There is need to bring them into the mainstream of society. The country needs their service,” he said while addressing his followers here Tuesday night.
The spiritual guru is in Ranchi for four days. He arrived here Tuesday afternoon.
“Spiritualism will end terrorism in the world. Even Iraq is adopting spiritualism to end violence. In Iraq there are 700,000 widows and one million orphan children. Iraqi government has sent 50 people for spiritual training to India,” he said.
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar aks Maoists to shun violence - Jan 23, 2012
- I-Day celebrated amid security in Jharkhand - Aug 15, 2012
- Jharkhand governor, CM urge Maoists to shun violence (Lead) - Jan 26, 2010
- 'Surrendered Maoists neglected by Jharkhand government' - Jun 19, 2011
- Police seek Dhoni's help in anti-Maoist campaign - Aug 30, 2010
- Francis Induwar's widow appeals to Maoists - Sep 02, 2010
- Maoists blast JMM MP's house - May 11, 2011
- Naveen Patnaik urges Maoists to join mainstream - Aug 15, 2011
- Munda focuses on governance, power on R-Day - Jan 26, 2011
- Mamata invites Maoists for talks - Jul 20, 2011
- Wipe out corruption, says Ravi Shankar - Feb 06, 2011
- Induwar's wife forgives her husband's killers - Oct 09, 2009
- Unite world's religions through spirituality: Sri Sri Ravi Shankar - Sep 11, 2012
- After war, Iraqis tell their tales through films - Apr 22, 2012
- Munda urges Maoists to cooperate in panchayat polls - Nov 26, 2010
Tags: bullets, disparity, followers, iraqi government, maoist, maoist rebels, maoists, one million, orphan children, ravi shankar, spiritual guru, spiritual training, spiritualism, sri ravi shankar, sri sri ravi, sri sri ravi shankar, terrorism in the world, tuesday afternoon, violence in iraq, widows