Speaker asks BJP MPs to lodge bribe complaintJuly 24th, 2008 - 6:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 24 (IANS) Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath Chatterjee Thursday asked the three Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MPs to lodge a formal complaint with him after they said they had received bribes ahead Tuesday’s trust vote. Chatterjee in a letter asked them to file a complaint so that he can order an investigation into the sting operation carried out by the television channel CNN-IBN into the alleged transaction of cash.
The speaker is now in possession of the tape which the channel handed over to him Wednesday.
The three BJP MPs, Ashok Argal, Mahavir Bhagora and Faggan Singh Kulaste, created an uproar in the Lok Sabha when they rushed to the well of the house and displayed wads of currency notes, alleging that they had been given Rs.10 million each by Samajawdai Party leaders as advance payment to abstain during the trust vote Tuesday.
The Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government won the trust vote.
- Cash-for-votes: BJP MP booked; bail pleas of three put off - Oct 03, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Order on bail plea of five accused Nov 16 (Lead) - Nov 14, 2011
- Cash-for-vote: Cops furnish CD transcripts to accused - May 26, 2012
- Congress influencing police: Ashok Argal - Sep 06, 2011
- Gadkari meets jailed party colleagues in Tihar - Oct 31, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Police file supplementary chargesheet - Sep 30, 2011
- Working on cash-for-votes money trail, cops tell court - May 10, 2012
- Cash-for-vote case: Police file another charge sheet - Apr 30, 2012
- Cash-for-votes scam: Bail pleas of Kulkarni, two others, to be heard Oct 13 - Oct 07, 2011
- Cash-for-vote: Non-bailable warrant against Hindustani - Aug 14, 2012
- Make me cash-for-vote scam witness, not accused: Kulkarni - Oct 01, 2011
- Cash-for-votes case: Amar Singh, five others chargesheeted - Aug 24, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Kulkarni, two BJP former MPs walk out of Tihar - Nov 17, 2011
- Meira Kumar sanctions prosecution of BJP MP Ashok Argal (Lead) - Sep 30, 2011
- Expose beneficiaries of cash-for-vote: Kulkarni - Nov 18, 2011
Tags: advance payment, argal, ashok, bharatiya janata party, bribe, bribes, cnn, cnn ibn, currency notes, formal complaint, Lok Sabha, mahavir, party leaders, progressive alliance, somnath chatterjee, sting operation, television channel, trust vote, uproar, wads