Space department declined my RTI plea: Ex-ISRO chief NairMarch 1st, 2012 - 1:30 am ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Feb 29 (IANS) The department of space has declined to provide documents on the basis of which the government debarred former Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chairman G. Madhavan Nair and three other retired space scientists from holding official posts, Nair said.
“Taking shelter under a clause of the Right to Information (RTI) Act, the department withheld vital information on the reports of the two committees that probed the $300-million Antrix-Devas deal and resulted in action against me and three other colleagues,” Nair told IANS.
A week after the government Jan 13 blacklisted the four noted scientists, Nair filed an application under the RTI Act, seeking details of the high level team that recommended action against him and three other technocrats.
“Though it is mandatory to furnish the documents I have asked for within 30 days of my application, I received a reply from the department’s RTI officer Tuesday repeating all that is already in the public domain but not the specific information, including documents and notings pertaining to the recommendation for action against us,” Nair asserted.
The three other retired scientists are former scientific secretary A. Bhaskarnarayana, ISRO’s former satellite centre director K.N. Shankara and former Antrix Corporation executive director K.R. Sridharamurthi.
- Space department denies information to ex-ISRO chief (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Scientist resigns over blacklisting of ISRO stalwarts (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Ex-ISRO chief slams Antrix-Devas probe reports - Feb 05, 2012
- Devas deal: Probe team indicts ex-ISRO chief, three others (Second Lead) - Feb 05, 2012
- Spectrum will be sold only through auction: Pilot - Feb 06, 2012
- Nair, three others found responsible for controversial deal - Feb 05, 2012
- Madhavan Nair takes on government, says ISRO gone to dogs (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- ISRO to release reports on Antrix-Devas deal - Jan 31, 2012
- Antrix case against Devas' arbitration adjourned (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Nair, three others found responsible for Antrix-Devas deal (Lead) - Feb 05, 2012
- Nair slams government, ISRO chief for action against him (Intro Roundup) - Jan 26, 2012
- I've been barred without probe, former ISRO chief tells PM (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2012
- Murmurs of witch-hunt as parts of Devas reports released - Feb 05, 2012
- PM should probe ISRO blacklisting order: Former chairman (Interview) - Jan 29, 2012
- Space scientists shocked over ex-ISRO chief's outburst - Jan 26, 2012
Tags: antrix corporation, bangalore, centre director, executive director, feb 29, indian space research, indian space research organisation, isro chairman, madhavan, nair, plea, public domain, reply, rti act, satellite centre, shankara, space department, space scientists, technocrats, vital information