SP protests promotion quota billSeptember 5th, 2012 - 2:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 5 (IANS) The Samajwadi Party (SP) Wednesday said it will hold street protests against the UPA government introducing a bill to provide quotas in promotions in government jobs.
SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav told reporters outside the Parliament House, soon after the bill was introduced in the Rajya Sabha, that his party would oppose the draft law in its present form.
The party is demanding that quotas, as provided for scheduled castes and tribes in the present bill, also be provided to other backward castes.
“We will go to the people against the (promotions quota) bill,” said Mulayam Singh Yadav.
“No one will tolerate when a junior is made a senior and a senior is made a junior,” he added.
- Quota bill in Rajya Sabha, SP, BSP lock horns (Second Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Both Congress and BJP against quota in promotions bill: Mayawati - Sep 05, 2012
- Parliament disrupted, quota bill introduced (Second Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Trouble likely in quota bill passage, PM meets ministers - Sep 05, 2012
- Promotion quota bill in Rajya Sabha - Sep 05, 2012
- Promotion quota bill in Rajya Sabha, SP, BSP lock horns (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Congress playing double game: Mayawati - Sep 06, 2012
- Parliament crippled over coal blocks, quota bill introduced (Roundup) - Sep 05, 2012
- Cabinet nod for job promotion quotas; BJP, SP, BSP spar (Second Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Patil hopeful Lok Sabha will consider women's quota bill - Feb 21, 2011