Soz waiting and watching for Delhi callMay 24th, 2009 - 1:24 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, May 24 (IANS) Saif-ud-Din Soz, the state unit president of the Congress in Jammu and Kashmir, is cooling his heels as there is no word yet on whether he would be part of the union cabinet or not.
Soz was inducted into the union cabinet in May 2006 after the then urban affairs minister Ghulam Nabi Azad was shifted to Jammu and Kashmir as chief minister and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) leader Mufti Mohammed Sayeed and his daughter Mehbooba Mufti refused to join the ministry. But this time around Soz is not being considered for the cabinet, according to sources in the Congress.
But a close aide of Soz told IANS: “He is waiting and watching.”
With Azad already in the cabinet and National Conference president Farooq Abdullah likely to get a place as well, Soz’s chances are seen remote by political observers here.
Soz is a Rajya Sabha member from Jammu and Kashmir and he was water resources minister in the previous United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government.
- Congress lambasts Omar for acting in 'arbitrary manner' - Oct 27, 2011
- Rotational chief minister decision upto 'high command': Soz - Dec 17, 2011
- Soz may be replaced as Pradesh Congress chief - Sep 13, 2010
- Congress factions may reconcile in Jammu and Kashmir - Aug 16, 2011
- Kashmir Congress works at unity to seek portfolios - Feb 17, 2012
- Congress, PDP slam BJP's flag hoisting plan - Jan 06, 2011
- Peerzada's ouster a dark shadow on Congress in Valley (Kashmir Newsletter) - Feb 11, 2012
- PDP government delivered better with only 16 legislators: Mehbooba - Dec 13, 2011
- Poll victory shows alliance unity: Omar - Apr 13, 2011
- Omar faces criticism from allies, opposition alike - Mar 26, 2012
- Malhotra recommended for post of Kashmir council acting chairman - Oct 15, 2011
- Congress distances itself from rotational chief minister idea - Jan 06, 2011
- Soz to meet Congress high command on AFSPA - Oct 29, 2011
- Kashmir Congress chief meets governor - Dec 24, 2011
- Soz asks Congress ministers to assist snow-hit valley - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: affairs minister, chief minister, conference president, congress, democratic party, ghulam nabi azad, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, may 24, mohammed, political observers, progressive alliance, rajya sabha member, sayeed, union cabinet, urban affairs, water resources