Soren yet to allocate portfoliosJanuary 12th, 2010 - 5:46 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Jan 12 (IANS) With alliance partners scrambling for key ministries, Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu Soren has yet to allocate portfolios though he expanded his cabinet three days ago on Jan 9.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), the All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU) and Soren’s own Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) are all angling for important portfolios. The result is that work of the government has stalled with no minister in place.
Though Soren, who was sworn in on Dec 30 and won the trust vote Jan 7, denies that there is any problem, sources in the JMM say that the BJP and the AJSU are trying to get the rural development, energy, home, health and other major ministries.
A party insider said the AJSU was particularly angling for home. Soren had agreed to some of their demands but was against giving home to AJSU president and deputy chief minister Sudesh Mahto.
“The partners of the government are more concerned about their greed instead of development of the state. What can be expected when Soren is not able to distribute portfolios among the ministers,” Pradeep Kumar Balmuchu, Jharkhand Congress president, told IANS.
The delay in allocating portfolios is likely to affect Soren’s 100-day agenda for the government set on Dec 30 when he was sworn in.
- Soren allocates portfolios, heads home and mines (Lead) - Jan 12, 2010
- Jharkhand's Rajya Sabha poll could leave Munda shaky - May 01, 2012
- Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll underway, JVM-P stays away - May 03, 2012
- Hopeful getting Mamata's support, says Pranab (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Pranab campaigns in Jharkhand, Lalu, Paswan also pitch in - Jul 12, 2012
- Munda to be ruling alliance joint nominee for by-poll: Soren - Jan 18, 2011
- BJP undecided over Jharkand by-poll pact - Nov 14, 2011
- BJP backs JMM in bypoll, JD-U miffed - Nov 21, 2011
- Four JMM legislators boycott legislative party meeting - Oct 19, 2011
- Soren gives deputy chief minister posts to BJP, AJSU - Dec 30, 2009
- 'Files pending as Jharkhand top brass focuses on by-poll' - Jun 28, 2011
- Shibu Soren to decide JMM's stand on presidential poll - Jun 24, 2012
- Backed by JMM, BJP set to form Jharkhand government (Intro Roundup) - Sep 07, 2010
- JMM, BJP inching closer in Jharkhand? - Dec 25, 2009
- Shibu Soren to meet governor for new Jharkhand government (Lead) - Dec 26, 2009
Tags: alliance partners, angling, bharatiya janata party, bjp, congress president, deputy chief minister, greed, home health, insider, jan 7, jmm, key ministries, portfolios, pradeep kumar, rural development, shibu soren, students union, sudesh, trust vote