Sonia’s hectic parleys on presidential choiceJune 14th, 2012 - 10:19 pm ICT by IANS
It was a busy Thursday for Congress President Sonia Gandhi as she held parleys with her key aides on the ruling United Progressive Alliance’s choice for the July 19 presidential poll. Here’s a sense of what happened on June 14:
* 10.00 a.m. - Sonia Gandhi meets Finance Minister Pranab Mukherje for about 20 minutes at 10 Janpath.
* 10.30 a.m. - Defence Minister A.K. Antony holds talks with her.
* 11.00 a.m. - Home Minister Chidambaram gives her his views on the issue.
* 11.30 a.m. - The ally from the south, DMK’s T.R. Baalu, comes calling.
* 4.30 p.m. - NCP’s Sharad Pawar talks to her for long.
* 5.15 p.m. - Sonia Gandhi reaches Manmohan Singh’s residence for the Congress core committee meeting.
* 6.00 p.m. - The core committee, chaired by Gandhi, meets.
* 7.00 p.m. - Leaders leaving the meeting indicate Congress has made up its mind; name to be announced Friday after the UPA meets.
- Sonia has hectic day over presidential poll talks (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Sonia meets Congress leaders, DMK (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- UPA meet Friday may endorse Pranab for president - Jun 14, 2012
- Baalu meets Sonia - Jan 05, 2011
- UPA leaders meet on Lokpal begins - Dec 13, 2011
- Jayalalithaa to call on PM, may meet Sonia - Jun 13, 2011
- Congress top brass meets, presidential nominee likely next week - Jun 08, 2012
- Congress in a huddle over FDI war with opposition - Nov 30, 2011
- Silence, anxiety, some tears, as charges read in 2G case - Oct 22, 2011
- Sonia meeting visitors, party leaders - Sep 22, 2011
- UPA leaders discuss Lokpal bill drafts - Jun 21, 2011
- Chronology of events to Pranab being named UPA's president candidate - Jun 15, 2012
- Broad consensus in UPA on Lokpal: Chidambaram - Dec 14, 2011
- Congress core group meets over parliament logjam - Nov 30, 2011
- Countdown to Mamata's dramatic announcement - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: aides, antony, chidambaram, committee meeting, congress president sonia gandhi, core committee, defence minister, dmk, finance minister, home minister, june 14, manmohan, manmohan singh, ncp, parleys, presidential choice, presidential poll, progressive alliance, sharad pawar, UPA