Soniaji learnt a lot from my grandmother Indira Gandhi : Priyanka Gandhi VadraApril 24th, 2009 - 11:59 pm ICT by admin
Campaigning for her mother Sonia Gandhi in Raebareli parliamentary constituency, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra appealed to the people to vote in favor of Congress President for the development of the constituency. She said that people of Raebareli had elected Indiraji and there had been a relationship of affection and devotion between her family and the people of the constituency. “Indiraji was like a mother to Soniaji and whatever she has learnt about the family, country and its culture, is from her mother-in law.” She said that this would be a vote for development and for the decade long relationship.
Priyanka Gandhi Vadra said that people voted her mother mostly for two reasons; one was the developmental work done by her and second was her families’ relationship with this constituency. “You have seen it all. The amount of work and struggle Indiraji did for Raebareli. It was not only for Raebareli but for whole of the country. She even sacrificed her life for the country,” she said. Praising Congress President for continuing family traditions, she said, “Soniaji has proved that she carries the same virtue carried by other Gandhi family members.” Priyanka Gandhi Vadra said that the people of Raebareli have built this relationship and they have shown their wisdom in electing Sonia Gandhi. She praised the people for recognizing their own strength and said that people there voted only on the basis of developmental work.
Priyanka Gandhi Vadra said, “You have made this constituency an example for rest of the country. Many journalists ask me why people here elect us and I say that people of Raebareli vote for development.” She asked them to be selfish on voting day and be careful so that, no one could misguide them.
Praising people for their support, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra said, “you have shown the path to us and the whole country is looking toward you.” She repeated, “Whenever my mother comes to Delhi from Raebareli she only talks of your hard life and your struggle. She has a great respect for you and that is why she wants to serve you.”
Thanking people for their continuous support to Nehru-Gandhi family, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra said, “Whatever we are today, it is due to the people of Raebareli.” She asked them to support Soniaji not for her massive victory but for sending a message to other countrymen. She said that by doing that the entire country would think that they too should use their conscience, just like the people of Amethi and Raebareli.
Priyanka Gandhi said that a massive win was not something Soniaji would aspire for. “She is free from ego and does not aspire for status. She has fulfilled her duties towards her family, the society and nation,” she said. Priyanka Gandhi Vadra added that she had come there only to say that there must be politics for development. “I do feel that this message will be going out from Raebareli,” she hoped.
- Soniaji is following Indiraji's footsteps as Raebareli's MP: Priyanka Gandhi Vadra - Apr 24, 2009
- Change cannot take place without peoples support: Priyanka Gandhi Vadra - Apr 22, 2009
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, slam Mayawati (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Vote for change, Priyanka Gandhi urges UP voters - Feb 03, 2012
- Sonia, Priyanka descend on Rae Bareli, flay Mayawati (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Should I join politics, Priyanka asks rival parties - Feb 05, 2012
- Rahul not working for his reputation in UP: Priyanka - Feb 05, 2012
- Priyanka hopes for early resolve to Khurshid row - Feb 13, 2012
- Gandhi charisma fading? Congress humbled in Rae Bareli, Amethi - Mar 06, 2012
- Rahul focussing on stronger Congress, not becoming PM: Priyanka Roundup) - Feb 06, 2012
- Locals pay tribute to Indira Gandhi in her constituency - Nov 19, 2009
- Priyanka open to campaigning, 'anything to help' Rahul - Jan 17, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi may be Congress working president soon - Nov 05, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi expresses concern over high school dropout rate among children - Feb 04, 2011
- Goa should vote against dynastic rule: Gadkari - Feb 27, 2012